Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:55:04 pm

Author Topic: Incorrect information within the textbook  (Read 4202 times)  Share 

uuuu

Incorrect information within the textbook
« on: January 04, 2017, 06:44:25 pm »
Hello! Question: should I follow the textbook information (that is 4 decades out of date) or the up-to-date one? The info I'm talking about is the tongue map; the textbook says it's correct despite being disproven in 1974 (and mind you, the textbook was first published this year...). I'm sort of inclined to follow the up-to-date information, but the entire state is most likely going to be following the tongue map as this is the only textbook available. So, I would assume, examiners would also be going by this info too. 

:-\

Thanks in advance for all help.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 07:00:07 pm by uuuu »

seth

Re: Incorrect information within the textbook
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:12:48 am »
Bump! Would like to know the answer to this too. The textbook is so shitttttttt; it barely covers the study design dot points, vague or missing in its explanation, and sometime gives entirely incorrect information. And it was 75 fucken bucks...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 07:45:37 am by seth »

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Incorrect information within the textbook
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 01:06:42 pm »
I didn't study Food Tech and have no idea about the tongue, but this sounds like a pretty frustrating situation.

I'd also be more inclined to go with the up-to-date information (otherwise, what's the point of learning it?). But what do your teachers say? If they're accepting the out-of-date textbook information for SACs, then you'd be silly to do otherwise, even though it seems ridiculous. :-\

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.