Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:27:58 am

Author Topic: Extension 1 - Romanticism  (Read 45242 times)  Share 

aalyssa

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Extension 1 - Romanticism
« Reply #135 on: March 03, 2018, 07:55:48 am »
Hey guys,

I'm quite confused about the difference between 'ways of thinking' and paradigms.
Also, in an essay, should body paragraphs be entered around ideas (i.e. reverence and majesty of nature) or paradigms (i.e. religious)?

thanks so much.

Ok so, Ways of Thinking is like one of the subheadings under English Extension 1, then Romanticism is another subheading under that. The paradigms are the elements of Romanticism like inspiration, imagination and all the rest. I don't know about essays but I hope this helps!  :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2018, 06:41:57 pm »
+1
Hey guys,

I'm quite confused about the difference between 'ways of thinking' and paradigms.
Also, in an essay, should body paragraphs be entered around ideas (i.e. reverence and majesty of nature) or paradigms (i.e. religious)?

thanks so much.

Paradigms are, as Aalyssa said, the key ideas of the Romantics such as imagination, the individual etc.
Ways of thinking are what the Romantics believed/thought about these ideas at the time. So look at what writers and philosophers wrote about in reference to how they perceived the imagination. EG. A way of thinking is Kant's Pure Critique of Reason in which he expressed the imagination/subjective mind as the true source of wisdom.

Ideas or paradigms for the structure - I personally structured my essays based on each text eg. PARA 1 PRESRCIBED TEXT PARA 2 OTHER PRESCRIBED TEXT PARA 3 ORT PARA 4 ORT... and then I integrated by comparing the texts in the later paragraphs. I would look at structuring it based on paradigms but if you're more comfortable with doing it ideas based that's fine :)
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

HomozygousRomantic

• Adventurer
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2018, 10:21:46 pm »
Hello all I need help ASAP for a romanticism essay I need help choosing a related text which I can link to either frankenstein or coleridge! I need help in choosing a film as a related text for romanticis which has lots of notes and critics etc!! Hep :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

eliseeeeee_m

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2018, 09:18:36 pm »
Does anyone have notes on Keats' Ode to a Nightingale?
I'm not sure if I want to use it as a related text or not.
:)
HSC 2018: Advanced English // Extension English I // Modern History // Legal Studies // Drama // Studies of Religion I

mim_sel

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2018, 01:50:37 pm »
Does anyone have notes on Keats' Ode to a Nightingale?
I'm not sure if I want to use it as a related text or not.
:)

I have notes on another Keats poem "La Belle Dame Sams Merci" that my class analysed for a related text if you were looking for another Keats poem to do?

k_woodbury

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #140 on: October 30, 2018, 06:21:30 pm »
Hi just a quick question before tomorrow because I overthink everything-
Are we able to use related texts from composers that are prescribed, but only if the text itself isn't prescribed? I'm wanting to use Wordsworth's poem 'Expostulation and Reply' and although some of Wordsworth's poetry is prescribed this particular poem isn't. I also didn't study Wordsworth but Coleridge instead.
Thanks!