Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:07:06 pm

Author Topic: Help on exam answer  (Read 6238 times)  Share 

Betanya

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help on exam answer
« on: February 10, 2017, 01:07:38 pm »
Basically i've been going through practice exams and was wondering if my response was good and whether i should change anything, ultimately  would i get full marks.

The question is from the 2011 RAS exam and worth 4 marks

b. What is the relationship between beliefs and the other aspects is suggested in this diagram? (4 marks)

and this was my response:

Belief is the central point of all aspects, with it being distinctive in relation to different religions and allows a basis, a starting point, for the rest of the aspects that stem from it. There is a constantly changing interaction between them, based on the time in which one is, things for example would most definitely have been different in the 1500’s in comparison to today. The aspects of religion include Sacred stories, sacred texts, rituals, ethics, social structure, spiritual experience, spaces, places, artefacts and times and of course beliefs, with each aspect being interconnected and adding meaning to one another. Of particular notice is the relationship that belief has with the other aspects, as can be noted in the diagram there is a two way arrow from beliefs to the other bubbles. What it is conveying is that without beliefs there would be no reason for the aspects and in the same way the other aspects support and add authenticity to beliefs. Examples include; symbols are a physical object that helps humans achieve spiritual experience and further belief in their ultimate reality, in continuous rituals are repeated actions that demonstrates their belief help bring believers closer to their ultimates reality. Ethics are almost a set of rules followers of a religion share and by following these one demonstrates their eel in their religions ideas and concepts. Furthermore spaces, places, artefacts and times provide a way to more deeply understand beliefs and support them as it allows a way to back up challenges. The 8 other aspects allow followers of a religion to express and further understand the beliefs that they share. Essentially beliefs and the other aspects rely on each other as they add meaning to one another and one can not stand without the other. 

Thankyou, all feedback would be appreciated :)

Glasses

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Disclaimer: I wear contact lenses now.
  • Respect: +186
Re: Help on exam answer
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »
+2
Basically i've been going through practice exams and was wondering if my response was good and whether i should change anything, ultimately  would i get full marks.

The question is from the 2011 RAS exam and worth 4 marks

b. What is the relationship between beliefs and the other aspects is suggested in this diagram? (4 marks)

and this was my response:

Belief is the central point of all aspects, with it being distinctive in relation to different religions and allows a basis, a starting point, for the rest of the aspects that stem from it. There is a constantly changing interaction between them, based on the time in which one is, things for example would most definitely have been different in the 1500’s in comparison to today. The aspects of religion include Sacred stories, sacred texts, rituals, ethics, social structure, spiritual experience, spaces, places, artefacts and times and of course beliefs, with each aspect being interconnected and adding meaning to one another. Of particular notice is the relationship that belief has with the other aspects, as can be noted in the diagram there is a two way arrow from beliefs to the other bubbles. What it is conveying is that without beliefs there would be no reason for the aspects and in the same way the other aspects support and add authenticity to beliefs. Examples include; symbols are a physical object that helps humans achieve spiritual experience and further belief in their ultimate reality, in continuous rituals are repeated actions that demonstrates their belief help bring believers closer to their ultimates reality. Ethics are almost a set of rules followers of a religion share and by following these one demonstrates their eel in their religions ideas and concepts. Furthermore spaces, places, artefacts and times provide a way to more deeply understand beliefs and support them as it allows a way to back up challenges. The 8 other aspects allow followers of a religion to express and further understand the beliefs that they share. Essentially beliefs and the other aspects rely on each other as they add meaning to one another and one can not stand without the other. 

Thankyou, all feedback would be appreciated :)

Just a few notes:
- Ensure you refer to beliefs as "beliefs", and use phrases such as "are", "they", "them", etc. rather than "is", and "it" when discussing these (for grammatical reasons).
- I believe this particular question (1b of the 2011 exam) was worth 3 marks, rather than 4, so keep this in mind whilst answering the question.
- Your understanding of the content seems to be sound, however you need to make sure that your answer relates specifically to the question. I.e. Your answer needs to relate purely to the relationship shown by the diagram. Therefore, there is no need to state that the interaction between beliefs and the other aspects has changed over time, because this is not suggested in the diagram or asked in the question.
- Since question 1a covers the different aspects, there is no need to list them in your answer.
- Your examples are pretty good, but be careful not to look at the different aspects in isolation or define/explain what a single aspect is; a more general approach would be most appropriate for this question, perhaps with one example to reinforce your point (but not to be the point itself).
- Your points suggesting that beliefs are central to the other aspects and that the other aspects rely on each other are good (although I'd recommend a further elaboration of the latter).
I'd say 2 out of 3 for this question.
Best of luck! :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 01:38:35 am by Glasses »
2015 - 2016 (VCE): Psychology, Religion & Society, Legal Studies, Business Management, Literature and English
2017 - Present: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Arts (Criminology & Psychology) @ Monash University

Aug 2016 - Sep 2018: VIC State Moderator

Betanya

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Help on exam answer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:20 am »
+1
Just a few notes:
- Ensure you refer to beliefs as "beliefs", and use phrases such as "are", "they", "them", etc. rather than "is", and "it" when discussing these (for grammatical reasons).
- I believe this particular question (1b of the 2011 exam) was worth 3 marks, rather than 4, so keep this in mind whilst answering the question.
- Your understanding of the content seems to be sound, however you need to make sure that your answer relates specifically to the question. I.e. Your answer needs to relate purely to the relationship shown by the diagram. Therefore, there is no need to state that the interaction between beliefs and the other aspects has changed over time, because this is not suggested in the diagram or asked in the question.
- Since question 1a covers the different aspects, there is no need to list them in your answer.
- Your examples are pretty good, but be careful not to look at the different aspects in isolation or define/explain what a single aspect is; a more general approach would be most appropriate for this question, perhaps with one example to reinforce your point (but not to be the point itself).
- Your points suggesting that beliefs are central to the other aspects and that the other aspects rely on each other are good (although I'd recommend a further elaboration of the latter).
I'd say 2 out of 3 for this question.
Best of luck! :)

Thankyou so much for the feedback, it really helped :))) ended up getting full marks as it was something the teacher assigned. Thanks!!!