Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:24:32 am

Author Topic: Writing Formats  (Read 5209 times)  Share 

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Writing Formats
« on: March 06, 2017, 04:51:32 pm »
Does anyone have an example of each type of text format?

For example, does anyone have a sample of a formal letter with all the linguistic features, such as placement of date and address?

I've looked on the internet and they are fairly complex. I don't think this level would be required for VCE. Therefore, I was just wondering if any fellow VCE German students had information or samples on this.

Thanks very much!  :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

TheInfamousJimsRightHandMan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Writing Formats
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 12:42:24 pm »
+2
Hello!
The structure and format of your writing are the easiest marks to pick up. I do have an example or two:
A diary entry.
Key things to note:
Remember to date it.
Be as personal as you wish; it doesn't have to be formal.
Write in the simple past if you can, and not the perfect past.
Try to build up to a climax conclusion.
Never start with Ich (or another pronoun) in the introduction. Make it brief, two to three sentences at the most.

Tagebucheintrag
Dienstag, 28. Februar

O Mann! Mein Tag war wirklich beschäftigt und es ist einiges in die Hose gegangen.

Meine Abteilungsleiterin hat mir heute alle Arbeiten im Geschäft gezeigt. Ich durfte auch Wurst aufschneiden. Das dauert sehr viel Zeit, und es machte mir müde. Meine Kollegen hilft mir oft und ich weiß nicht, was ich ohne sie machen würde. Manchmal dachte ich "Sollte ich bei KFC anstatt McDonalds arbeiten?" Aber die Kollegen bei McDonalds sind sehr hilfsbereit und freundlich und ich mag sie. Das Essen bei McDonalds ist nicht so gut als KFC, aber meine Bezahlung ist gut. Ich bekam einen Rabatt von McDonalds. 20%.

Ich habe fast vergessen! Ich arbeitete heute in Drouin. Gestern habe ich in Warragul gearbeitet. Drouin ist besser als Warragul, weil Drouin näher zu meinem Haus ist. Obwohl ist Warragul besser. Ich stresste nicht so viel bei Warragul McDonalds (als Drouin McDonalds).

Hoffentlich kann ich morgen nach Warragul arbeiten.

Sorry it's a bad example, did it (when it was due next lesson) at 10pm the day before. Stupid me.
Here is an example of a formal letter:
Dr. Rosi                                                                                                                                                        22. Februar
Genau! Senior Magazin
Otto-Dix-Straße 611
Deutschland

Kim Geiger
Kellergasse 8
90763 Fürth
Deutschland

Betreff: Kim Geigers Ausbildung als Mechaniker.

Sehr geehrte Herr Geiger,

In dem letzten Genau! Senior Magazin habe ich Ihren Offizieler Brief gelesen. Ich habe wirklich keine Fachkenntnis, aber ich kann meinen Ratschlag bieten.

Ich glaube, dass Sie nie überqualifiziert sein können. Ein Diplom ist ein Diplom. Sie sollen machen, was Sie wollen. Falls Sie zur Schule nicht gern gehen, dann sollen Sie Ihren Schulabschluss anhalten und Sie sollen die Ausbildung anfangen. Falls Sie die Ausbildung nicht mögen, dann können Sie eine andere Ausbildung mit eine andere Mechaniker(in) machen.

Erinnern Sie bitte: Sie sollen machen, was Sie wollen.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Dr. Rosi.
Key things to note:
Your name and address go on top, with the date on the other side of the page, roughly in line with your name and address.
Underneath is the name and address of the person that you're writing to. If you don't know who this is, then write 'Personalabteilung' (Human resources department).
The 'betreff' or regarding line comes next.
After this, start with the formal greeting (Sehr geehrte Herren und Damen (or if you have a name use that))..
Never start the introduction with a pronoun.
Finish with the formal ending and your name (Mit freundlichen Gruessen)
Hope this helps
2016: Religion and Society (32)
2017: Mathematical Methods CAS, Further Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, German