Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:51:29 am

Author Topic: Religion and Society Unit 1 & 2  (Read 5627 times)  Share 

kyrie18

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Religion and Society Unit 1 & 2
« on: March 10, 2017, 09:38:09 am »
Hello,

Can someone help me with the following question?

How does each of the 9 Aspects interact with 2 or more other aspects?
(These are the 9 Aspects: Beliefs; Rituals; Ethics; Spiritual Experiences; Symbols; Stories; Texts; Social Structure; Sacred Places, Spaces, Times and Artifacts (these 4 are all one point))

Thank you so much!

Digi

• Adventurer
Re: Religion and Society Unit 1 & 2
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 10:21:04 am »
Hello,

Can someone help me with the following question?

How does each of the 9 Aspects interact with 2 or more other aspects?
(These are the 9 Aspects: Beliefs; Rituals; Ethics; Spiritual Experiences; Symbols; Stories; Texts; Social Structure; Sacred Places, Spaces, Times and Artifacts (these 4 are all one point))

Thank you so much!

I'd like to know this too. All I know is that they are all interconnected, with beliefs being at the centre of all the other aspects. All the other aspects are in relation to the specific belief.

Cranium002

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:41:57 pm »
+2
Beliefs interact with Rituals and Symbols.
Eg. The belief of Christianity is Jesus is the son of God. Rituals that are performed after the last supper are Jesus's resurrection and the bread and wine, where the bread is referred to Jesus's body and the wine referred to Jesus's blood. The symbols used to symbolise after the last supper were the bread, wine, cross and crucifix.

Spiritual Experiences interact with Stories, Texts, Sacred Places and Time. An example of a spiritual experience in Islam can be a vocation to Mecca. Here this spiritual experience, is said to be done at least once in a lifetime for Muslims. This is said both in the Qu'ran and the five pillars of Islam. Mecca is the birthplace of Allah, which is also a sacred place. Every year, about 3 Million Muslims overseas visit Mecca. The best time of the year to go to Mecca is said to be the day where Allan was born.

Hope this helps :)

kyrie18

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 06:27:02 pm »
Thank you so so so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!