Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:06:27 pm

Author Topic: English Extension Help! Literature Reviews!  (Read 3483 times)  Share 

aocampo

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
English Extension Help! Literature Reviews!
« on: June 29, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »
Hey guys,

So I have an assessment coming up soon and it's a literature review. (I'm doing the science fiction elective by the way)

Anyway, does anyone have an example of a good literature review? My review is supposed to "distinguish and evaluate the values of each text, explaining different ways readers might value each text".

My teacher is not providing anyone in my class with in depth feedback in fear of tampering with the rankings. It's starting to get on my nerves and I really have no idea how I should be evaluating the values of Sci-Fi in regards to my related texts. If anyone has anything that could help, could you please reply and let me know.

Thanks heaps. 

samanthaakiss

• Adventurer
Re: English Extension Help! Literature Reviews!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:55:46 pm »
I can't exactly help but that sounds like a really interesting assessment task! In my extension class we just get essays, speeches, the usual. However wow that's kind of ridiculous that your teacher isn't providing any in-depth feedback... That would really concern me! I hope you figure it out (:

aocampo

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:03:53 pm »
I can't exactly help but that sounds like a really interesting assessment task! In my extension class we just get essays, speeches, the usual. However wow that's kind of ridiculous that your teacher isn't providing any in-depth feedback... That would really concern me! I hope you figure it out (:

Haha yeah I can't find anything online either and it's really annoying. Thanks! I'll just do what I can I guess!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »
Hey guys,

So I have an assessment coming up soon and it's a literature review. (I'm doing the science fiction elective by the way)

Anyway, does anyone have an example of a good literature review? My review is supposed to "distinguish and evaluate the values of each text, explaining different ways readers might value each text".

My teacher is not providing anyone in my class with in depth feedback in fear of tampering with the rankings. It's starting to get on my nerves and I really have no idea how I should be evaluating the values of Sci-Fi in regards to my related texts. If anyone has anything that could help, could you please reply and let me know.

Thanks heaps. 

Heya, I replied to your other post on the Q+A thread but I've just read this one as well. Is it that your teacher is worried that she or he will accidentally give more feedback to one person over another, thus giving an unfair bias? If your other class mates are struggling to - perhaps approach your teacher about dedicating a class to being a workshop for literature reviews. That way everyone can ask questions and the whole class hears the answer. It might not something your teacher is up for, but it might be worth suggesting!
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!