Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:13:39 am

Author Topic: Detailed Study structure question  (Read 2185 times)  Share 

shiba woof woof

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Detailed Study structure question
« on: August 22, 2017, 09:51:16 pm »
+1
Hey friends,

My teacher at school hasn't explained much about the detailed study but instead has just given us a lot of free time to work on our topic. We just finished the writing SAC and the speaking sac will occur soon. But...

I'm really confused on how the speaking sac or even the oral exam is formatted!
Like my teacher said it's recommended to have about 7-8 points for the oral exam. Does いい点 count as one point? or can it count as many if i talk about 3 いい点?
How will the sac go down? I know i have to do a one minute intro i've got that done, but then what will happen?

Thanks a lot guys !!!!!!!  ;D ;D

EulerFan102

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +53
Re: Detailed Study structure question
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 10:24:34 pm »
+1
Hey there!

I can't say what the SAC will be like of course, but I did do the Japanese oral exam. Basically they first ask what your topic is and you give a little introductory speech. Then they ask you a few questions about your detailed study topic. These can be anything related to your topic, so it's well worth preparing for a wide range of questions.
Your SAC may be a similar style, so I'd suggest researching and preparing for a whole range of subtopics within your detailed study topic. In the SAC, my teacher based her questions off our written piece so your teacher may do the same, but then again maybe not.
Hope this helps, and good luck :)

kiki.

• Trendsetter
  • Class of 2017
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:40 pm »
+3
Ah, that really sucks. :( Your teacher should really know how it's formatted as it's one of the toughest part of Japanese SL. My teacher is a VCAA examiner and will be examining this year. This is what will happen:

1. You will enter the exam room. They will ask you for your name.
2. They will ask you for your VCE number. You say this part in English. Your number will be on the slip.
3. They will ask you for your 特別研究. This is so that they don't ask questions about it in your general conversation.
4. The general conversation will start.
5. After seven minutes, they will stop you and move onto your special study. They will ask you to talk about your special study. Here, you do your one minute introduction.
6. They will start asking you questions based off your introduction. The biggest two question they will ask is: what is _____? What did you understand from (resource)?  You should have more bad points than good points, because you need to come up with solutions.

If you give me your specific topic I can think of some possible questions. Good luck!

shiba woof woof

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 11:38:58 pm »
Thanks so much to both of you for replying!! I attended the JLTAV so i got most my knowledge from there, but you guys cleared a lot of things. thanks again!

And kiki, my subtopic for my detailed study is Club Activities.
  :D :D

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 06:26:12 pm »
+1
Thanks so much to both of you for replying!! I attended the JLTAV so i got most my knowledge from there, but you guys cleared a lot of things. thanks again!

And kiki, my subtopic for my detailed study is Club Activities.
  :D :D
Nice. It's a pretty common topic, so i would advise that you have a good set of points and good speaking skills to stand out. I feel like the replies you got were helpful and so I don't really have much more advice than this.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

jibba

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • 日本のミカタ
  • Respect: +10
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:54:59 pm »
+2
If your topic is Club Activities, a general outline should be

Definition (What is it?), Good points (include around 3), Comparison to Australia (2 differences?), Problem Points (at least 2), Solutions to those Problems, Your Opinion/Future Developments.

2011: Japanese SL [50] ATAR: 99.40
2012-2017: Arts/Law at Monash
My Japanese Advice Thread Q/A and advice for 2012/Future VCE Japanese Students
2013: Currently tutoring VCE Japanese. JLPT N2
2014: Exchange to Hitotsubashi University, Japan (April - August) & Seoul National University (September - December). JLPT N1
2017: Tutoring VCE Japanese/Offering VCE Japanese notes email : [email protected]