Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 11:50:18 am

Author Topic: Environmental Science 3/4 without 1/2  (Read 4760 times)  Share 

jenni_zh90

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Environmental Science 3/4 without 1/2
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:44:51 am »
Hi AN!
Do you think it's a good idea to do Environmental Science 3/4 without 1/2? My school does not offer units 1/2 environmental science and does not advise us to do distance ed.

If I don't do 1/2, would I need to catch up on a lot?

Is environmental science rlly hard?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
Re: Environmental Science 3/4 without 1/2
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 12:06:08 pm »
+3
Distance Ed does not run Environmental Science 1/2. I would say it is not a problem. Have you done/are you doing biology/chemistry/outdoor ed? In terms of content Enviro is similar to biology, however the questions tend to be easier. How 'hard' it is depends on if you like it/previous knowledge/how well you want to do. At my school they are encouraging more people to do Enviro 3/4 next year without 1/2 because our 1/2 class is tiny and it probably won't run unless we get more people, so they definitely think its possible.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

spicyliv

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Environmental Science 3/4 without 1/2
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 02:37:47 pm »
+2
I'm a current 3/4 enviro student and i didnt do 1/2 - its not too difficult, the only issues I have doing the subject are that there arent too many resources available to study from as it is a pretty underdeveloped subject. If you have a good teacher who is able to really work from the study design then i can imagine it would be good, but for me it's a lot of self directed learning, and it is quite frustrating at times trying to learn things and not having many resources to do so