Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 07:18:02 pm

Author Topic: When does everyone have their oral exams???  (Read 1598 times)  Share 

NandSfan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
When does everyone have their oral exams???
« on: October 01, 2009, 07:59:48 pm »
Mine's on Tuesday, October 6 - the second day it's even possible to have an oral exam  >:( But I guess in a way it's good, because it gives me more time to work on the other subjects in peace. I would hate to have my exam on the 28th or 29th, right before English.

Do you guys feel prepared? How is everyone preparing? Any tips?

And what's everyone doing as a Detailed Study? I'm doing 'Fluchtversuche aus der DDR zur Zeit der Mauer'.

Good luck everyone!  :)

Mxbn0

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Re: When does everyone have their oral exams???
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 12:32:15 pm »
I'm doing Napola for my Detailed Study, but im so lost, lol. I've got no idea how to write about it, so i can learn at least that much. What will we need to know, other than the storyline and our opinion on certain things? I read the examiners reports and they didnt really say all that much in terms of specific content.

NandSfan

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 01:43:01 pm »
I'm not sure what you'd be required to know - I'm using two films as sources for my detailed study, but I don't know what you'd do if your detailed study IS a film. I suppose know the story very, very well, have opinions on things, know the period in German history the film deals with, understand the issues dealt with by the film, say what you would have done if you were in the main character's place (you can show off your knowledge of the Subjunctive if you do this), etc.

Good luck - when's your exam?

ninwa

• Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +1021
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05:25 pm »
(you can show off your knowledge of the Subjunctive if you do this)
Definitely try to use as much difficult grammar as possible. Passive tense is good too if you can use it, especially if you manage to do past tense passive correctly, which is pretty difficult.
ExamPro enquiries to [email protected]

Mxbn0

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 01:41:00 pm »
its on wednesday, but yeah, our teacher's a little nuts. she wants us to write 15 minutes worth of stuff on it, (specifically on a selected theme) and then memorize the whole thing. We've also watched Goodbye Lenin, so i'm gonna try and talk about that aswell, but officially, she wants our 3 texts to be the film Napola, a few critiques on the film, and an interview on the director, which doesn't really give me much breathing space, let alone 15 minutes of stuff, lol. As for grammar i should be sweet, not gonna touch Plusquamperfekt though, we had a past examiner come in and help us and she said that no-one uses it anymore (i.e. general conversation), so that makes things a little easier.