Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 01:49:15 pm

Author Topic: High 30's to 40 study score  (Read 3029 times)  Share 

-elcee

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
High 30's to 40 study score
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »
+1
Hi all !
I just wanted to ask what scores out of 20 do you need for both pieces in the exam to score at least a 37 ss ? (oddly specific because I'm using atar calc haha)
These are my scores currently :
Unit 3 : 90/100, 83/100
Unit 4 : 80/100, 80/100, 80/100
Ranking : Slightly above average in a small cohort (<15 students)

I doubt these are enough to score that high of a study score, but I screwed up the English exam so I just want to make sure I can end my English studies with a bang. I've heard that if you ace the exam your grades will boost so hopefully I can do well and land myself somewhere in the high 30's.
I've been doing practise essays but have yet to transition into timed conditions T__T, do you guys have any tips ??

Thank you ! :)

Sam M

• Forum Regular
  • :)
  • Respect: +15
Re: High 30's to 40 study score
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:59:31 pm »
+1
Someone else is going to have to reply with a more accurate prediction, but I just wanted to say that you can definitely get high 30s to a 40 still!.

For all you know you may be marked harshly, and your cohort could perform well on the exam and everyones grades could be moderated positively.

Regardless, your exam counts for 50% of your grade (and technically even more considering the effects a cohort's performance can in moderation), so if you smash out the exam, most scores are still a possibility.

If someone else could comment a rough grade that you would have to achieve on the exam, however, that would be great!
2016: Psychology
2017: English [49], Literature, Methods, Biology, Revolutions [50].
Atar: 98.85

-elcee

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:31:47 pm »
+1
Someone else is going to have to reply with a more accurate prediction, but I just wanted to say that you can definitely get high 30s to a 40 still!.

For all you know you may be marked harshly, and your cohort could perform well on the exam and everyones grades could be moderated positively.

Regardless, your exam counts for 50% of your grade (and technically even more considering the effects a cohort's performance can in moderation), so if you smash out the exam, most scores are still a possibility.

If someone else could comment a rough grade that you would have to achieve on the exam, however, that would be great!

Thank you ! How are you doing for Literature prep so far ?

Sam M

• Forum Regular
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 09:42:52 pm »
Thank you ! How are you doing for Literature prep so far ?

haha. Ask me after Thursday when I've finished by history and methods exams  ;)
I'm starting to get worried because I've only done one part A essay since the SAC... but I'm alright for part B because I wrote heaps of practice before that SAC (which I did this term), so its still pretty fresh in my mind. Looking forward to those 3.5 days to study solely for lit (my last exam).

How about you?

-elcee

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 09:52:19 pm »
+1
haha. Ask me after Thursday when I've finished by history and methods exams  ;)
I'm starting to get worried because I've only done one part A essay since the SAC... but I'm alright for part B because I wrote heaps of practice before that SAC (which I did this term), so its still pretty fresh in my mind. Looking forward to those 3.5 days to study solely for lit (my last exam).

How about you?

Last exam ?? Lucky T^T I've done 2 lit perspectives essays and only one passage analysis. I'm superr scared though, my teacher isn't the best; she's one of those teachers that gives you resources and expects that you can learn the material through reading them. I guess I'll worry about Lit after methods too .__.

Sam M

• Forum Regular
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 10:08:41 pm »
+1
Last exam ?? Lucky T^T I've done 2 lit perspectives essays and only one passage analysis. I'm superr scared though, my teacher isn't the best; she's one of those teachers that gives you resources and expects that you can learn the material through reading them. I guess I'll worry about Lit after methods too .__.

Omg same. I'm doing it by distance ed so I'm pretty much in the same situation. Good luck.