Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 01:43:41 am

Author Topic: 劝说/说服文 vs 评估文  (Read 3731 times)  Share 

jenni_zh90

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
劝说/说服文 vs 评估文
« on: December 30, 2017, 06:26:29 pm »
+1
Hey guys!

劝说/说服文 vs 评估文

Which one do you guys prefer to write? And why?
Which one do more people choose to write in the end of year exam?

Have a fantastic new year  ;D

LifeisaConstantStruggle

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +104
Re: 劝说/说服文 vs 评估文
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 08:41:00 pm »
+1
Hello!
This is a very subjective question and it really depends on who you're asking, and their tendencies to be objective/subjective in giving their thoughts and opinions.
For me personally I found it WAAAY easier to write 评估文 (evaluative piece) as compared to 劝说/说服文 (persuasive piece) for a few reasons:
1) I'm not too opinionated when it comes to things that aren't political, which won't come up in VCE Chinese anyways, so writing a piece that evaluates the positive and negative aspects of things is much easier.
2) I find that I can write more when I talk about the different aspects of things. (some people don't like it tho)
3) Might sound lazy but you can almost always end my piece with  综上所述,利弊共存,正所谓:“河有两岸,事有两面” or something like that in 评估文 and the essay quality will just go downhill from there but you have to come up with something new for every persuasive piece which might not be ideal at times.
4) Trying to make your language sound persuasive can be a challenge if you are emotionless. (that's me)
Again it's just my opinion so yeah.
From what I've observed myself tho, and what most teachers have said, people tend to write 劝说/说服文 more regardless of the language, but it always depends on the year because sometimes the persuasive essay is harder.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 08:49:36 pm by LifeisaConstantStruggle »
2018-2020: Bachelor of Actuarial Science (+ Econometrics), Monash
2021: Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), Econometrics & Financial Mathematics, Monash
2022-2023: Work and some soul-searching

Katlii

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: 劝说/说服文 vs 评估文
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 11:07:35 pm »
i personally liked persuasive, partially because i'm lazy and don't want to come up with more arguments than i have to.
that lets you write some snazzy concluding sentences to paragraphs including such wonderful phrases as 大有裨益,一举两得,何乐而不为,有百利而无一害,显而易见 etc.
although the "stock structure" for evaluative is good because it is a nice framework that you can insert nice language for use in every essay. really it's up to what prompt you're vibing on the exam day :)
2017 ATAR: 99.80
English [50] Psychology [50] Legal Studies [47] Literature [46]
Offering tutoring and essay corrections :)
Tutoring for all your VCE subjects at https://www.aptitute.net/