Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:13:30 am

Author Topic: Visual Diary.  (Read 3693 times)  Share 

Arithmetic

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • One Day
  • Respect: 0
Visual Diary.
« on: February 17, 2018, 11:08:12 am »
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to ask if there is a specific size in which our folio has to be. I see that the usual is A3, but I was wondering if we could use an A5 visual diary. How do you think this will impact my final grade/studio process.

Thanks,

2017: Biology [37]
2018: Chemistry [] English [] Methods [] Studio Arts [] Physics []

literally lauren

• Administrator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Resident English/Lit Nerd
  • Respect: +1423
Re: Visual Diary.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 11:17:48 am »
+4
Hey Arithmetic,

Best to check with your teacher on this one as they'll probably have the final say. Back when I did Art, 90% of the class just had the stock standard A3 black books, but there were a couple of students who used something different.

If you're choosing a particular medium or topic that would be better suited to smaller pages of trials and exploration, then I can't imagine your teacher having a problem with it. I guess the only exception would be if they say you have to do "5 folio pages per week" or something arbitrary like that.

But it shouldn't have any impact on your grades - most students just stick with the default size and style.

In terms of your process, lots of smaller pages would probably be great for doing lots of concentrated trials of specific textures, mediums, concepts etc. but potentially less suited to big mind map brainstorms or any large-scale works. So it largely depends on the kind of stuff you're looking to do this year, but as always, double check with your teacher just in case!

Hope your folio turns out awesome either way  ;D