Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 12:03:59 pm

Author Topic: Literature Criteria: What does it mean?/Help with Expression  (Read 1392 times)  Share 

Aaddiittyyaa

• Adventurer
  • How essential is Tin and Chlorine? Pretty Sn Cl.
  • Respect: 0
Literature Criteria: What does it mean?/Help with Expression
« on: March 19, 2018, 07:51:41 pm »
Good Evening Everyone,

My question was two-fold, so let me first start with the expression part. I have just received my last SAC (Adaptations and Transformations), and the glaring hurdle was the expression. I just wanted to know whether any current Literature students or VCE veterans had any advice for me going into more SACs and eventually the exam on how I can improve my expression. My teacher has said that my ideas are great, but it's just my lack of showing my ideas effectively that is holding me back.

Also, in reference to the criteria on SACs this year and the exam at the end of the year, I was wondering if anyone could please explain to me what it was all about. I have tried, time and time again, to understand what the criteria on the Close Analysis essay and Literary Perspectives essay had meant, but I am yet to find a coherent and easy to understand definition. So if anyone had any ideas, please tell me about it!

Thanks a lot, and I hope your Term 1 is chugging along well. Good luck for the rest of the year!
VCE PHYSICS TUTORING AVAILABLE. RAW 43 (SCALED TO 45). ENQUIRE WITH PM :)

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
Re: Literature Criteria: What does it mean?/Help with Expression
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 08:14:27 pm »
Good Evening Everyone,

My question was two-fold, so let me first start with the expression part. I have just received my last SAC (Adaptations and Transformations), and the glaring hurdle was the expression. I just wanted to know whether any current Literature students or VCE veterans had any advice for me going into more SACs and eventually the exam on how I can improve my expression. My teacher has said that my ideas are great, but it's just my lack of showing my ideas effectively that is holding me back.

Also, in reference to the criteria on SACs this year and the exam at the end of the year, I was wondering if anyone could please explain to me what it was all about. I have tried, time and time again, to understand what the criteria on the Close Analysis essay and Literary Perspectives essay had meant, but I am yet to find a coherent and easy to understand definition. So if anyone had any ideas, please tell me about it!

Thanks a lot, and I hope your Term 1 is chugging along well. Good luck for the rest of the year!

Hello  :)

Like yourself, expression, especially in Literature, was a tough point for me. With such a fluid essay structure, it can be easy to get lost in the formulation of flowery ideas. I suppose the source of any written disconcertion comes back to the planning process. So often we're told to start 'in the text' in Literature, that we often lose sight of our ultimate interpretation (and also our localised ones, within each body paragraph). Hence, I'd strongly encourage you, if you're not already doing it, is to plan the procession of your points. How will they build upon one another to reach one plausible argument? Perhaps it is the arrangement of your points, which is obfuscating the presentation of your main ideas.

I wrote this article on VCE Literature and its core requirements at the end of last year. It may help you out!

All the very best!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 08:38:27 pm by clarke54321 »
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

Aaddiittyyaa

• Adventurer
  • How essential is Tin and Chlorine? Pretty Sn Cl.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 08:52:24 pm »
Thank you very much!

I’ll have a look at the link and your advice.
VCE PHYSICS TUTORING AVAILABLE. RAW 43 (SCALED TO 45). ENQUIRE WITH PM :)

• Fresh Poster
  • Henza64
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
Hi, do you rekon i could have a look at your Adaptions & Transformations essay. Im pretty lost to what i actually have to write
Thanks  :)
👌😉🙏🏻