Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:41:12 pm

Author Topic: How would you answer these questions??? These two questions are due VERY soon!!!  (Read 3873 times)  Share 

emmawatsonlover990

• Forum Regular
  • I love Maths, Science and English
  • Respect: 0
Hi guys,

I am in DESPERATE need of someone's help in answering these two questions for a history research task.

The two questions are:

How did Paul Dessau change society?

Who did Paul Dessau’s work effect?

Thank you in advance.
😨😱🦄
Bellatrix Lestrange

emmawatsonlover990

• Forum Regular
SOMEONE PLEASE REPLY!!!! PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEAAAAASSSEEEE!!!!!!!! 😭😭😭😿😿😿😢😢😢
Bellatrix Lestrange

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Hey, I'm not doing History at all but I thought I'd give this a crack. :)

Paul Dessau was a German composer throughout WWII, wasn't he? So when you think about that and how he was in exile as an anti-Nazi spokesperson, you can see the effect he had on society. As a "traitor" to his own country, he fled to America and helped the American population appreciate the skill of his composition and his anti-Nazi views (he created music for some Hollywood films, Walt Disney, worked with famous dramatist Brecht if you've ever heard about the Caucasian Chalk Circle, etc.) He received international acclaim for his work in music before dying in 1979.
Therefore, Paul Dessau changed society through his music and his connections with Marxism, the American pop culture and the German Democratic Republic.
Paul Dessau's work effected composers internationally, and the use of music in avante-garde films and dramas.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but there's my answer. You can expand on that to get good detail. There's plenty on Dessau's music career on the web, so here's a link to start you off.
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

emmawatsonlover990

• Forum Regular
THANK YOU !!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!  ;D ;D ;D This means SO MUCH to me!!!  ;D ;D ;D
Bellatrix Lestrange