Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:05:46 am

Author Topic: Accounting or PE?  (Read 5662 times)  Share 

kevy2030

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Accounting or PE?
« on: May 21, 2018, 10:03:47 pm »
Hello everyone,
I'm new to ATAR Notes so please fix me if i have made any mistakes. :)
I am currently in year 10 at MHS but i am wondering if i should take on PE or Accounting for my year 11, VCE 3&4. I am interested into going biomed so i think PE will help me but I don't really know much about this study course.
It would be very generous if someone can give me some advice and give me a brief explanation about the two subjects.

P.S I am more interested in PE but would like a second opinion from experienced users. :)
Thanks  :D

Poet

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Love. ~she/they
  • Respect: +2790
Re: Accounting or PE?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 02:54:45 pm »
+3
Hello everyone,
I'm new to ATAR Notes so please fix me if i have made any mistakes. :)
I am currently in year 10 at MHS but i am wondering if i should take on PE or Accounting for my year 11, VCE 3&4. I am interested into going biomed so i think PE will help me but I don't really know much about this study course.
It would be very generous if someone can give me some advice and give me a brief explanation about the two subjects.

P.S I am more interested in PE but would like a second opinion from experienced users. :)
Thanks  :D

Hey!
Great to see you - welcome to ATAR Notes. :)
Personally, for your situation, I would recommend P.E.. If you're set on doing bio med, P.E gives a lot of useful information on body systems and energy, and how we utilise specific systems. I'm currently doing 3&4 P.E, and it's an absolute ball, especially if done in alignment with Biology. However, Accounting is a practical subject (although pretty darn boring, imo) with useful information if you want to make an entrepreneur of yourself in the future.

For more information so that you can better make a decision, here's VCAA's study design on P.E. and their study design on Accounting. Read through the 1&2 information on both subjects and see which ones seems more interesting to you personally. And remember - you can change subjects if you don't like them. 1&2 are a lot less serious in that regard, and if you don't like the 1&2 of one subject, you can easily switch over to another in 3&4.
Sending encouragement your way, and one more thing; don't worry about scaling of subjects when choosing 1&2. Do what you enjoy and you feel will be the best for you.
Good luck!
Thoughts are only thoughts.
They are not you. You do belong to yourself,
even when your thoughts don't.

Dealing with Year 12 - Put Your Mental Health at the Forefront
A Little Guide to Healthy Eating

kevy2030

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Accounting or PE?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:17 pm »
+1
Hey, thank you so much for your response. I have had a closer read on the study designs and i think PE is the one for me. Thanks heaps for ur help  :) ;D