Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:26:00 am

Author Topic: !!! LISTENING TO TEXT !!!  (Read 739 times)  Share 

Ed_ward

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
!!! LISTENING TO TEXT !!!
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:56:29 am »
Hi everyone,

I have an upcoming SAC which is listening to text. I was pretty confident about it at the beginning but know that I have practiced it, I struggle. I don't really know why, for example I just hear the answer but 2sec after I've forgotten everything. Also, what's the choice of language or delivery mean? What am I supposed to write as an anwser?

Any help help/advice is appreciated.

Thank you

OZLexico

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
Re: !!! LISTENING TO TEXT !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 10:21:51 am »
+1
For the SAC itself, you should be reading and re-reading the questions for the Listening Test so that you are really, really familiar with what you are being asked about.  You get to hear the Listening material twice so you should be matching the material with the questions and the second run-through should be confirming these points and perhaps allowing you to add more detail to your answers.  I think more practice should give you more confidence - the ABC has stacks of podcasts of different lengths that you can listen to, pause and take notes.  Maybe you've already done this, maybe you can work with a classmate to listen to some examples, then repeat what you've heard (commenting on similar aspects to the listening test on the 2017 exam).  Questions about "language and delivery" are asking you to identify something like "tone" and a quote to verify this.