Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:56:15 am

Author Topic: La Trobe or Melbourne Extension Program Biology?  (Read 5279 times)  Share 

galaxy21

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +23
La Trobe or Melbourne Extension Program Biology?
« on: July 31, 2018, 06:01:55 pm »
Hi!
So I would really like to do uni biology next year, but I'm tossing up between doing it at University of Melbourne or at La Trobe ...Can anyone help?

The course I am looking to do in the future (Bachelor of Science then DVM) are at Melbourne, however it takes a lot longer to travel to and from Melbourne. There is a school centre nearby, however, but it would be good to be able to get to some lectures during the year to get a better feeling of uni. Practical classes are also at the Parkville campus every second week, and this is about a 1 1/2+ hour's of travel (buses/trains) to get there.

On the other hand, La Trobe also offers the same subject, which is a lot closer (30-40 minute transport), so I would probably be able to get there a lot easier and get to more lectures throughout the year. Their practical classes are more regular too (3 hours weekly instead of fortnightly I believe).

I am guessing the work will be similar at each, but if I do the La Trobe course, will I be at any disadvantage going in to do the second year of biology at Melbourne if I am to get in? Or will it have no major difference?

Is anybody able to give me a hand to decide which would be a better option? Also I assume that I can apply to both too, and if I get in, then decide in the future?
Thanks! ;D
2018 - Biology, Further
2019 - English, Chemistry, Methods, Health and Human Development
2020 - Bachelor of Science (Melbourne Uni)

FrankieDens

• Adventurer
  • I just want to survive dude BUT we can do this!
  • Respect: 0
Re: La Trobe or Melbourne Extension Program Biology?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 06:10:14 pm »
Hi there,

Unfortunately, UoM will not be offering Biology as part of their Enhancement Program in 2020.  :-\

I wish you all the best if you do decide to do it in La Trobe!  :D
2019: Biology [40]
2020: Literature [35], Chemistry [32], Psychology [38],  Methods [32]

“If something is possible, carry on as planned. Even if it isn’t possible, do it anyway.” – Karasuma Tadaomi