Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:14:57 am

Author Topic: VCE German Questions Thread  (Read 4806 times)  Share 

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
VCE German Questions Thread
« on: August 02, 2018, 10:38:09 am »
+1
VCE GERMAN Q&A THREAD

What is this thread for?
If you have general questions about the VCE German course or how to improve in certain areas, this is the place to ask! 👌

Who can/will answer questions?
Everyone is welcome to contribute; even if you're unsure of yourself, providing different perspectives is incredibly valuable.

Please don't be dissuaded by the fact that you haven't finished Year 12, or didn't score as highly as others, or your advice contradicts something else you've seen on this thread, or whatever; none of this disqualifies you from helping others. And if you're worried you do have some sort of misconception, put it out there and someone else can clarify and modify your understanding! 

There'll be a whole bunch of other high-scoring students with their own wealths of wisdom to share with you, including TuteSmart tutors! So you may even get multiple answers from different people offering their insights - very cool.

To ask a question or make a post, you will first need an ATAR Notes account. You probably already have one, but if you don't, it takes about four seconds to sign up - and completely free!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

samst

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE German Questions Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 08:07:07 pm »
If i am going awful in german what should I do. I am so bad at listening and speaking I can read the text fine and most of the time answer the questions but I'm screwed for the oral and listening part. Please help. Also have no idea what study score I could get can people please let me know what they got in sacs and there study score.

Thank uuuuu

Chocolatepistachio

• Science Games: Silver
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +51
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 08:17:42 pm »
+4
I do not study German but if you want to improve in listening you should immerse yourself in the language as much as possible and listen to shows/ watch movies in German, listen to podcasts, listening to an audiobook

For oral practice speaking with a native speaker maybe your teacher or if you have a friend that speaks that language

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 09:01:01 pm »
+2
If i am going awful in german what should I do. I am so bad at listening and speaking I can read the text fine and most of the time answer the questions but I'm screwed for the oral and listening part. Please help. Also have no idea what study score I could get can people please let me know what they got in sacs and there study score.

Thank uuuuu
Like Chocolatepistachio, I didn't do German, but did Japanese SL (all 4 units) and Chinese SL (only U1/2). However, some of the skills and practise can be generalised to other LOTEs too.

I found that for listening, you could also start listening to the German news for practise or German radio channels, if possible. If you wanted something a bit more your level, look at other states' equivalents of VCE e.g. HSC, SACE, QCE for additional listening tasks (I found HSC and SACE Japanese Continuers to be almost the same level as VCE Japanese SL), or asking your teacher for some.

For speaking, exactly what Chocolatepistachio has said. Also, your classmates are a great resource and make great practise buddies! I used to practise my general conversation and detailed study with my classmates who were doing similar topics, which helped quite a bit. You could ask to conduct them via whatever digital learning platform your school is using e.g. Zoom or Microsoft Teams video calls to make it a little easier to hold a conversation and practise your non-verbal communication e.g. hand gestures.   
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread