Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 05:44:43 am

Author Topic: Improving creative writing  (Read 1009 times)  Share 

holky

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Improving creative writing
« on: August 07, 2018, 06:55:31 pm »
Hey, so my trial is tomorrow and my teacher likes my crearive writing, he just thinks there's some room to improve.
Context: I got 18/25 on my last creative
He thought I overly used the stimulus and didn't explore the genre in enough detail. (I'm doing sci fi by the way)
So my story is centred around this woman who's brought a robot baby and it's programmed to emulate a real baby. So I'm exploring like the issues of reproductive tech and what I call artificial motherhood in the story.
My main area of concern is making a clearer connection to the genre and using the stimulus more effectively. Any last minue tips I can use tomorrow?

English Advanced  English Extension 1 Modern History CAFS Music 1 Drama

Mathematics 84

HeadChef

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Improving creative writing
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:44:33 pm »
+1
Hey, so my trial is tomorrow and my teacher likes my crearive writing, he just thinks there's some room to improve.
Context: I got 18/25 on my last creative
He thought I overly used the stimulus and didn't explore the genre in enough detail. (I'm doing sci fi by the way)
So my story is centred around this woman who's brought a robot baby and it's programmed to emulate a real baby. So I'm exploring like the issues of reproductive tech and what I call artificial motherhood in the story.
My main area of concern is making a clearer connection to the genre and using the stimulus more effectively. Any last minue tips I can use tomorrow?
Hi! I guess this is a littel late, but I'm doing sci fi too! I especially loved the creative writing aspect so hopefully I can help!
If your stories are lacking sophistication, I've found that linking it in with a branch of philosophy or religious story or a thought experiment can add a deeper layer of meaning. Technology is all well and good, but at the heart of it, sci fi is about what it means to be human, and posing those big philisophical questions in a way exeryone can understand. I'm not too sure what would link in well with the whole reproductive tech thing, maybe the story of king solomon and the two mothers or appropriate the greek story about the mother who killed her kids because her husband remarried?
IDK, just something to think about