Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:57:34 am

Author Topic: TIPS ON IMPROVING LISTENING SKILLS  (Read 4562 times)  Share 

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
TIPS ON IMPROVING LISTENING SKILLS
« on: September 10, 2018, 09:28:51 pm »
Im doing italian as a unit 1 and 2 vce subject this year. well i think italian's pretty straightforward compared to all the other languages out there (i.e. french), but i still have difficulties with listening b/c THESE ITALIANS SPEAK SOOOO FASSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, i actually dont understand whats going on, and thats why i lose marks on sacs and stuff.  im so worried about next year, as i cant afford to lose much marks on the SACS and exams. im averaging B's at the moment, so im pretty damn stressed out. IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO IMPROVE YOUR LISTENING SKILLS (I HAVE TRIED BUT THESE ITALIANS IN AUDIOS AND SHIT SPEAK TOO DAMN FAST!!!!!

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: TIPS ON IMPROVING LISTENING SKILLS
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 09:37:51 pm »
SBS Italian Podcasts?

I do it for German when I'm bored and attempting to learn something new...
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: TIPS ON IMPROVING LISTENING SKILLS
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 09:40:07 pm »
+2
-snip-
Hey there! I can't speak for Italian, however I did do Japanese. I spent many of my free periods simply gathering recordings and doing listening tasks, practising and watching the Japanese news on Saturday mornings, recording new words as I remembered them. If you can, find a radio station or news station and try to listen to them. Maybe you can try finding Italian listening tasks online or ask the teacher to see if you can get a few more. If you're an avid foreign media binger, then attempt watching an Italian film or drama without subtitles and see if you can follow along. Hopefully one of these ways will help! 
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread