Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:16:10 pm

Author Topic: writing task  (Read 17135 times)  Share 

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
writing task
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 11:37:49 pm »
sory whaaaaaat hahahha??

rustic_metal

writing task
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 11:45:15 pm »
YOU HEARD ME!  :P

reg

writing task
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2007, 09:06:41 am »
Quote from: "goosefraba"
Your turn reg :)
attendez, il faut ?tudier further et puis methods et puis economics LOL .. plus tard ce semaine-l? peut-?tre.

*j'?teins l'ordinateur*

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
writing task
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2007, 01:46:56 pm »
pff weak excuse moi je suis egalement censee reviser l'economie et er methods haha.

mais le francais, cest une bonne distraction

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
writing task
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2007, 10:14:59 pm »
whee talitha if you're still there id love it if you could correct my essay quickly pleeease :D

bubble sunglasses

writing task
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2007, 11:03:11 pm »
1er ligne: I'd say <ce qui se pass?> or better maybe <ce qui m'est arriv?>
  6th <prendre en compte> -attention de ne pas traduire directement. Il faut mieux dire <sans avoir consider?> -also using the conditional <pourraient> in the previous line sounds better.
 4th line 2nd para <se comporter> instead of <se conduire>
  1st line 3rd para <dont> basically means <de qui> -better to <pour> et enl?ve <je peux>
  Overall, that's really good -good use of pronouns, subjunctive and generally good authentic French. My written French has steadily declined since last year, so do get one or more better opinions. And sorry about the Franglais, lol I often do that when hovering between English and French.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
writing task
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2007, 11:25:45 pm »
Quote from: "bubble sunglasses"
1er ligne: I'd say <ce qui se pass?> or better maybe <ce qui m'est arriv?>
  6th <prendre en compte> -attention de ne pas traduire directement. Il faut mieux dire <sans avoir consider?> -also using the conditional <pourraient> in the previous line sounds better.
 4th line 2nd para <se comporter> instead of <se conduire>
  1st line 3rd para <dont> basically means <de qui> -better to <pour> et enl?ve <je peux>
  Overall, that's really good -good use of pronouns, subjunctive and generally good authentic French. My written French has steadily declined since last year, so do get one or more better opinions. And sorry about the Franglais, lol I often do that when hovering between English and French.

merci! with the 'dont' line, does it sound compeltely ridiculous like that? cos i was trying to find an oppurtunity to put in dont haha.. although i get it doesnt really suit it anyway.. its more 'a way in which i can make..' au lieu de 'a way to make..' ok it sounds very poncy in english hahahha and probably in french too. ill have to find another oppurtunity to dont :(

i thought about se comporter, but i sort of assumed that se conduire and se comporter were interchangeable.. is se conduire more formal?

how did you not get a 50 in french! eek now im scared

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
writing task
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2007, 11:35:45 pm »
1er ligne: I'd say <ce qui se pass?>

ha just for me cos yous are too advanced for me..
why 'se pass?' and not 's'est pass?'?

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
writing task
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2007, 11:38:04 pm »
Quote from: "goosefraba"
1er ligne: I'd say <ce qui se pass?>

ha just for me cos yous are too advanced for me..
why 'se pass?' and not 's'est pass?'?

yeh it is s'est pass? she justwrote it wrong probably

bubble sunglasses

writing task
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 09:47:26 pm »
Mmm it is "s'est pass?"  :oops:

Remember how little the writing task is worth; I've no idea how scoring works, but whether you get 13 or 15/15 is of little importance compared to how you do at the compr qs.

And yeah, I was a bit disappointed, as I said on BOS, I was rather shaken up by losing one of the 1st few marks on offer which might have been responsible for me losing a couple more, also some of the written comp qs were really ambiguous -have either of you done the exam I was "treated" to? The qs about Saint-Exuperry in particular left me feeling uncertain.

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
writing task
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2007, 09:56:43 pm »
Remember how little the writing task is worth; I've no idea how scoring works, but whether you get 13 or 15/15 is of little importance compared to how you do at the compr qs.

And yeah, I was a bit disappointed, as I said on BOS, I was rather shaken up by losing one of the 1st few marks on offer which might have been responsible for me losing a couple more, also some of the written comp qs were really ambiguous -have either of you done the exam I was "treated" to? The qs about Saint-Exuperry in particular left me feeling uncertain.

eek I just checked and you're right the listening and reading/responding counts for 60 marks! I thought it was more evenly weighted than that.. that scares me. Although the reading/responding isn't usually too bad, except when you get ambiguous ones.

I haven't done that exam yet, although I have a few prac exams coming up in the next few weeks and I assume the 2006 will be one of them. We actually learn about antoine de saint-exupery as part of our detailled study.

You got 46 raw right? Did you ever get a statement of marks?

bubble sunglasses

writing task
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2007, 10:22:30 pm »
Nah, didn't get any SOMs. I got 100% for SACs, imagine I lost about 3 marks each on the listening and written comprehension qs. I agree it's stupid that your ability to write in French counts for so little.

So what was your detailed study about? aviation or literature? lol

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
writing task
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2007, 10:30:29 pm »
Literature, or more specifically 'l'enfant dans la litt?rature fran?aise' which was odd compared to everyone else I talked to, who all seemed to be doing WW2 or something more serious. We read le petit prince and some poems, and watched 'la gloire de mon pere', and my sub-topic was the critisisms that they make on modern society. And basically I just had to talk about lame things like the differences between the world of adults and the world of children haha

bubble sunglasses

writing task
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2007, 11:25:56 pm »
Nice! We did WW2, saw Au Revoir les Enfants, which is a great film, but I wanted to do something about food, fashion, cathedrals or something a bit more esoteric, on my own, but ended up going with the flow.
   A friend doing final-year French in England did la thalasseautherapie

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
writing task
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2007, 11:33:07 pm »
Nice! We did WW2, saw Au Revoir les Enfants, which is a great film, but I wanted to do something about food, fashion, cathedrals or something a bit more esoteric, on my own, but ended up going with the flow.
   A friend doing final-year French in England did la thalasseautherapie

i did ww2 as well, and au revoir les enfants!