Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:55:00 am

Author Topic: Viscomm SACs  (Read 4199 times)  Share 

Kyokushinkai

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Viscomm SACs
« on: February 09, 2019, 08:25:47 pm »
Hey guys,

A little background info on me: I did not take VCD 1/2 (due to timetable clashes) and am now doing 3/4 in Year 12, as I've really wanted to do it since Year 10 (I did do it as an elective in Year 10). My other subjects are Methods, Chem, Physics, Eng. As you may have noticed already, the Viscomm SACs seem abstractly paced to me. I'm familiar with my other subjects, but have no idea at all how Viscomm sacs operate. In just the first week of school, my Viscomm teacher's already given us a SAC (to annotate some images and compare) and said its part of a larger SAC (like wutt??).

Tl;dr:
I'd love if someone could give me some insight into how Viscomm sacs work and how to do them, thanks!

guac

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Viscomm SACs
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 12:02:13 pm »
+2
Hey Kyokushinkai,

From my experience, viscom sacs are fairly unique because they're a little more loosely structured than other subjects like english or methods. If I remember correctly, we were sometimes given assessments that were like mini folios (given a brief, do research, conceptualisation, realisation, refinement), as well as assessments that were like mini exams (analyse existing designs, short answer format). These could be spread out across days or even weeks. It differs from school to school, but my advice to you is to just pour your heart into whatever work the teacher gives you - all of your assessments are meant to prepare you for either your folio or your exam anyways, so just take everything seriously. It doesn't really matter exactly 'what counts' or 'doesn't count' when it comes to sacs and assessments in viscom, because at the end of the day, the quality of your work and the mark that it deserves is somewhat subjective, so what's important is that you do everything to the best of your ability and give your teacher the vibe that you're passionate and enthusiastic.

Hope that helps?  ::)
Guac puts a maths tutor in your pocket.
Chat to a verified, high achieving tutor anytime, anywhere. Ask about anything, from homework problems to difficult concepts.

7 day free trial, no credit card needed so you can get asking instantly: guactutor.com

Only available on iPhones (Android and tablets are coming!)