Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 01:44:34 am

Author Topic: Studying for food studies!  (Read 4413 times)  Share 

whys

• VIC MVP - 2020
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +916
Studying for food studies!
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:54:32 pm »
+1
So we're almost at the end of term 1 (literally 2 more days for me) and I think I've barely progressed in this subject. I'm pretty unhappy about my sac score too, and I have no idea how well I did relative to everyone else in my class (there's 4 other people). I know for sure that no one got 100% on the sac, and there is still the practical record component that is added to the score of the test to produce the final score for the sac, but I'm still disappointed. As far as my knowledge goes, 99% of the information in the textbook can be purely rote-learned as there is nothing 'difficult' to understand. However, I've never been faced with a subject like this before, and I have no idea on how to study for it. There are no free resources online as barely anyone does the subject, and practicing is one of the ways majority of people learn from. I guess I'm just panicking because I realised I have no idea what the most effective way to study would be. I'm aiming for a 45+ (at the start of the year, I was aiming for a 50, but not anymore cos of my first sac score welp) and it would be great to hear some effective ways others study for this subject.

I know not many people do/have done this subject, but any advice would be appreciated :)
psych [50] bio [50]
2021-2025: BMedSci/MD @ Monash

raiilee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Studying for food studies!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 10:19:43 pm »
hey, my advice for studying foodstudies would be not just to learn the context but to APPLY your knowledge. Memorising terms and stuff is great but food studies you tend to get questions that relate back to real life and how to apply your knowledge to those questions. I felt exactly the same when i was studying and then on my sac i was like wtf. So idk wat ur learning right now but how i study was applying my knowledge to when i was preparing breakfast and other meals. If you want extra material, go ask any 3&4 students or online.