Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:36:20 am

Author Topic: Studying  (Read 1323 times)  Share 

AbyssFenix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
Studying
« on: April 15, 2019, 10:40:07 pm »
Hey AN,

I was wondering what different study methods you've all been implementing to study for Eco. I've been doing quite a bit of work but my results haven't necessarily been reciprocating that. Just curious to see if I've been doing it all wrong :)
2018: Biology [:(]
2019: English [42], Mathematical Methods [30], French [35], Economics [40], Legal Studies [40]
ATAR: 96.30

Seamus Wong

Re: Studying
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:51 am »
+2
Hey AN,

I was wondering what different study methods you've all been implementing to study for Eco. I've been doing quite a bit of work but my results haven't necessarily been reciprocating that. Just curious to see if I've been doing it all wrong :)

Read the textbook that you purchased at the start of the year, highlight important information, go back over what you read and highlighted and write notes on a word document of the highlighted info - these notes can literally just be paragraphs that you write off the top of your head relating to key ideas in the text to prove to yourself that you actually understand the information. After this, I'll write up posters for relevant info that I know I will need to remember - just look at the study design to identify relevant information.
THEN, i'll do the questions from the textbook and from the booklet that I was handed by my teacher.

This provides you with a solid understanding of the topic so that any question that comes your way can be answered with ease.

Hope this helps

Seamus Wong

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 12:08:43 am »
however, you are only really able to successfully understand everything if you actually enjoy the subject.

NomotivationF

• Forum Obsessive
  • Serial procrastinator
  • Respect: +93
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:19:30 am »
+2
Hey AN,

Hey Fenix :), In my opinion I think the key to scoring well in Eco is to actually understand the concepts that you are learning and applying them to different scenarios. I don't know if you are, but I think wrote learning answers in Eco bounds you for failure as questions can be extremely variable. Basically, understand and consolidate ur consepts
Offering tutoring for Economics, Further Maths and Psychology
(Email [email protected])
(Mobile - 0435076426)

My journey through VCE

How I got a Raw 48 in Economics

2018 - Accounting [42] Further Maths [44]
2019 - English [39] Economics [48] Psychology [44] Maths methods [33]
ATAR - 97.5
2020-2023 - Ba Commerce/Science @Monash