Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 10:11:29 pm

Author Topic: VisCom flunked the first SAC  (Read 3715 times)  Share 

Jordannnssi

VisCom flunked the first SAC
« on: May 08, 2019, 10:30:53 am »
Soo I’m in year 12 doing VCD without 1/2 Becos my parents didn’t let me do it until I convinced them >.< it’s term 2 and I got my results for my folios and analysis and I didn’t do as well (60%) well this is due to my health conditions partly and my teacher was an ass too me when I was asking for help. Is my study score fucked or can I save it? I’m good at studying and I can do folios well if I wasn’t in the hospital most of the time but yeah am I fucked?

Eucalypt

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +8
Re: VisCom flunked the first SAC
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 06:26:21 pm »
+2
Hey Jordannnssi,

I thought I'd start by breaking down how much those assessments contribute to your study score. So Unit 3 SACs contribute to 25% of your mark, there are usually two of these so that's roughly 13%. Next, your folio. All up your folio is 40% and a third of it is done in Unit 3. As you're not far into term 2, let's say that you've done half of what you will do in Unit 3, so that's roughly 7%, maybe a bit more. As you can see, this is a very small portion of your overall mark, so there is no need to stress!

The best thing you can do moving forward is to do the best you can for the rest of the year. Look at your previous assessments to see how you can improve, and use that drive to do better in the next ones. As tough as it can be, try to enjoy what you're doing, a change in mindset makes a big difference to your stress levels.

Regarding your health, if it is significantly impacting your studies (and it sounds like it is), you can apply for SEAS (Special Entry Access Scheme) at the end of the year (talk to your head of year or careers adviser about this).

Best of luck, I know you'll design some great things!   ;D