Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:44:17 pm

Author Topic: How to approach Section A?  (Read 770 times)  Share 

alrightally

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
How to approach Section A?
« on: September 24, 2019, 03:41:19 pm »
I'm really confused and need some help. I have lots of notes on my text (The Passion) but I look at prompts and I have no idea what to do. Is it true that most people have 5-7 paragraphs that they pick and choose from on the day? How do I even approach this for the exam when the SAC structure was different?

Any advice would be helpful. Thank you
2018: History Revolutions (41)
2019: Health & Human (50), Psychology (49), English (43), Literature (39), Maths Methods (33)
ATAR: 98.85

Message me for tutoring! I would love to help you reach your SS goals.

colline

• MOTM: NOV 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • ♡ 2 Timothy 1:7 ♡
  • Respect: +512
Re: How to approach Section A?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 08:59:58 pm »
+1
Is it true that most people have 5-7 paragraphs that they pick and choose from on the day?
I’ve never heard of anybody doing this. For lit perspectives, you’re supposed to draw points from any relevant areas from the WHOLE text, as well as the viewpoints of relevant critics.

How do I even approach this for the exam when the SAC structure was different?
The exam and the SAC aren’t too different.  Generally, the only difference is that the SAC requires you to have 2 perspectives or critics, while on the exam you’ll only need one. The general structure remains the same.

Hope this was helpful, if you still have any confusions, let me know! Section A is definitely what most people struggle with on the exam, so don’t stress too much. ^-^

VCE: Literature [50] Methods [50] Further [48] Chemistry [40] Biology [33]
2022: Bachelor of Science (Mathematical Economics) @ ANU