Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:06:59 am

Author Topic: Marks needed for a 45SS?  (Read 2025 times)  Share 

caffeine

• Fresh Poster
  • bruh
  • Respect: 0
Marks needed for a 45SS?
« on: November 02, 2019, 09:05:22 am »
Hi guys

What sort of exam mark should I be aiming for to obtain a raw SS of 45? My class does CPAP SACs and I'm rank 2 in a medium cohort with approx 90% average. Will I have to 100% it? Thanks for any input
2019:
English - Further Mathematics - Mathematical Methods (CAS) - Accounting - Economics

ATAR goal: 92-94
2020-24: Bcomm @ University of Melbourne

justaloser

• Forum Regular
  • I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer.
  • Respect: +116
Re: Marks needed for a 45SS?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 01:25:47 pm »
Hi guys

What sort of exam mark should I be aiming for to obtain a raw SS of 45? My class does CPAP SACs and I'm rank 2 in a medium cohort with approx 90% average. Will I have to 100% it? Thanks for any input

According to the Deakin calculator, with 90% on both Unit 3 & 4 SACs and a 90% on the exam, you'd be able to get a raw 45. However, according to this graph: https://twmpublications.com/resources/images/study_score_graphics/Economics%20-%20Written%20Examination.png . (Not sure about hyperlink formatting)

I'm not sure how accurate either of those sources are, particularly the latter. The difficulty of your SACs and ranking and the cohort's performance will all play a major part in the score.
2020-24: Monash Uni MBBS (Bonded)

I don't really go on here anymore. Feel free to DM though

I have no idea about the UCAT percentile required to get an interview/accepted into medicine. Mine was the first year that they used the UCAT. Just try and maximise your ATAR and take care of yourself.

My Med School journal

ISohNafets

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Marks needed for a 45SS?
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 06:20:02 pm »
Realistically your going to be wanting to get like 76/80 on the exam at the minimum. An A+ is 72/80, so your going to need to smash it for a 45. Considering that you are rank 2 will make it hard as well especially if rank one doesn't do as well on the exams