Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:54:18 pm

Author Topic: what to expect in the midd yr exam??...  (Read 2107 times)  Share 

disha2711

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
what to expect in the midd yr exam??...
« on: January 23, 2008, 05:53:48 pm »
HEY GUYS..!!

PLZ HELP..! IM A LIL CONFUSED WHAT EXACTLY SHOULD I BE EXCEPTING IN THE MID YR EXAM 4 ACCOUNTS? AND HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH OUT OF? CAN ANY1 EXPLAIN 2 ME IN BRIEF PLZZZZ!!! iv done quite alot of work in accounts dese holidais i also went 2 summer school last 2 weeks.. i need to know how it works.. plzzz help..! i want to get 45 or 45+ for this sub..! plzz help ..!

costargh

Re: what to expect in the midd yr exam??...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:47 pm »
Start by writing in normal caps, using proper grammer and try stick to more appealing spelling.

AppleXY

• Life cannot be Delta Hedged.
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Even when the bears bite, confidence never dies.
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 11:25:16 pm »
Hey disha, calm down and take a deep breath :P You're post is a disaster, but I can still manage to help. Exam 1 in Accounting tests your skills of the 'nuts and bolts' of accounting, that is, testing of ledgers; balance day adjustments, reports and especially accounting qualitative characteristics and principles. I'd suggest not only remembering the principles/qualitative characteristics (SACs aka GAAP) but doing plenty of theory questions and applying your knowledge to the question specifically, not mere regurgitation. For practicals, do questions worth easy marks (my advice, general journals which are only 2 lines = really easy 2 marks awarded, right then and there). Secondly, stress less, do plenty of exercises and gradually go through study guides (I recommend exambusters by Neville Box), attain a strong understanding of double entry and how to manipulate it in any situation and don't be afraid to use your fingers for depreciation calculations (some can get tricky). Lastly, do not be obessed with high marks I like did -- which I f*ked up, I originally wanted a 48 for this subject (ashtey would know :P :P )   but got a 37. DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU. DO NOT STRESS IN THE EXAM. I guess it comes from experience, don't think of other people and how ace this and stuph, Just do it, relaxed as if you were going to a 30 but accurate and fast as if you were going to a get a 50.

I wish the best of luck to you and I hope you'll get 45+ :)

(if you want any help PM me :) )
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 11:27:14 pm by AppleXY »

2009 - BBus (Econometrics/Economics&Fin) @ Monash

For Email: click here

Need a question answered? Merspi it!

[quote="Benjamin F

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:48:59 am »
If you want a 40 you need literally straight A +. I averaged 90% including exams(statement of marks to prove it ) and got a 39.  work hard and consistently! Thats my advice.
2007-08 VCE - Accounting, Texts & Traditions, Methods, Chem, Physics, Lit

2011 Bachelor of Biomedicine (Completed) @ The University of Melbourne
2012 Doctor of Medicine (Second Year) @ The University of Melbourne

costargh

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 12:04:24 pm »
Good advice guys

elaine

• Business Management Moderator
  • Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:19:42 pm »
argh costargh, your picture freaks me out
[♥]

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:00:27 pm »
argh costargh, your picture freaks me out

Me also! lol

Mystery

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 07:27:47 pm »
i got 86.5/90 on the mid year and some A+ mark on the end of year as well as A+ in sacs, and i got 46, hope that helps =)
I believe life is constantly testing us for our level of commitment and life's greatest rewards are reserved for those who show a never-ending commitment to act until they achieve. This level of resolve can move mountains, but it must be constant and consistent. As simplistic as this may sound, this is still the common denominator that separates those who live their dreams to those who live in regret.

RD

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 07:49:44 pm »
Just do it, relaxed as if you were going to a 30 but accurate and fast as if you were going to a get a 50.
thats nicely said.

iamdan08

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • VCE Survivor
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 09:15:48 pm »
In the exam you really need to be switched on from the get go! As AppleXY said you need to be accurate and fast. Know how much time you are willing to spend on each mark, you dot want to get to the end of time and realise you still have 3 or 4 questions to go, then you will kiss any chanve of 40+ goodbye. I aimed for just under a minute a mark, but that doesnt leave much time (if any) to go over and make corrections. Go in with a plan and stick to it!