Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:36:38 pm

Author Topic: New Study Design and note taking  (Read 3488 times)  Share 

Adam_๐ŸŽ“๐Ÿงพ

• Trailblazer
  • Adam(⌐■_■)
  • Respect: 0
New Study Design and note taking
« on: January 27, 2020, 07:00:47 pm »
The key knowledge dot points on the study design seem quite vague, I'm getting confused as to what I should have as part of my notes. I don;t want to have an enormous amount of information: Just all important knowledge enough to study for and get 90+ on the exam. Anyone have any methods for breaking down the study design, are there any resources perhaps? Cheers.   
2019 - Environmental Science: 34
2020 - English: 38
2020 - Methods: 40
2020 - Data Analytics: 40
2020 - Polish: 38
2020 - Biology: 39
ATAR: 93.30

Raydog90

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: New Study Design and note taking
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 07:55:01 pm »
+3
Hey i've completed Computing last year, take my advice with a grain of salt as i only got a 39 :P

In last years study design there were a bunch of vague key knowledge's, most were even more practical/technical than theoretical (sorting data in databases etc.)

I would say that the study design has gotten more specific from last year, rather than just stating 'APP act' it explains which sections. However, it does still seem a bit vague.

What i ended up doing for note taking was writing EVERYTHING i can (get information from textbooks, downloadable lecture notes on atarnotes, teacher powerpoints, company notes), after that was done i just deleted information i deemed unnecessary and condensed the the notes. I have a PDF file of every key knowledge and it explains things quite effectively and efficiently.

I also have powerpoint notes of Mark Kelly and my teachers notes as well. I have a bunch of resources im willing to send, i also have around 7-8 practice exams which i'm willing to send. However, i don't know the rules of this forum and linking that kind of stuff.

If you need any help or want these resources PM me and we can talk! :))
VCE 2019:
Computing Informatics (39 ~ 34)

VCE 2020:
Drama, Business Management, Legal Studies, English, Further Mathematics

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: New Study Design and note taking
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 07:37:04 am »
+1
Hey i've completed Computing last year, take my advice with a grain of salt as i only got a 39 :P

In last years study design there were a bunch of vague key knowledge's, most were even more practical/technical than theoretical (sorting data in databases etc.)

I would say that the study design has gotten more specific from last year, rather than just stating 'APP act' it explains which sections. However, it does still seem a bit vague.

What i ended up doing for note taking was writing EVERYTHING i can (get information from textbooks, downloadable lecture notes on atarnotes, teacher powerpoints, company notes), after that was done i just deleted information i deemed unnecessary and condensed the the notes. I have a PDF file of every key knowledge and it explains things quite effectively and efficiently.

I also have powerpoint notes of Mark Kelly and my teachers notes as well. I have a bunch of resources im willing to send, i also have around 7-8 practice exams which i'm willing to send. However, i don't know the rules of this forum and linking that kind of stuff.

If you need any help or want these resources PM me and we can talk! :))

Thanks for giving advice about your experiences with computing!

In regards to forum rules, anything you've made is great to share. Anything someone else had made / it's not your intellectual property you need written permission before you can share it on the forums - this applies to both posts and pms. You can find more on the forum rules here and please also feel free to ask if there's anything that isn't clear :)

Good luck to both of you for this year!