Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:59:44 pm

Author Topic: 1/2 Short Answer Question Advice  (Read 944 times)  Share 

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
1/2 Short Answer Question Advice
« on: April 13, 2020, 11:40:22 am »
+1
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some specific advice on short answer questions, specifically for 1/2. I can never get full marks and I was wondering how you know what to write to fit the mark scheme. Is there any specific template/structure for repeated questions (function etc.)?

Any eng lang tips would greatly appreciated!

Eloise x
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

brothanathan

Re: 1/2 Short Answer Question Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 11:57:06 am »
+2
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had some specific advice on short answer questions, specifically for 1/2. I can never get full marks and I was wondering how you know what to write to fit the mark scheme. Is there any specific template/structure for repeated questions (function etc.)?

Any eng lang tips would greatly appreciated!

Eloise x

This was what I was taught last year:

First off, it depends on the marking allocations and more specifically how many marks the question is worth.

For example, they ask you to discuss the usage of a certain feature in line x and the qn is worth 3 marks.

To be awarded 1 mark you need to identify what the feature exactly is, which means you suggest the relevant metalanguage.

For full marks you need to explain how they used this certain feature and what their aim was in accordance with the text. Making sure your response is as concise as possible.

Hope this helped   :)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 12:03:55 pm by brothanathan »