Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:12:37 pm

Author Topic: A little help on "Factors that influence design of solutions"  (Read 3602 times)  Share 

davit_with_a_t

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
A little help on "Factors that influence design of solutions"
« on: September 22, 2020, 03:31:31 pm »
If you check the old VCAA exam from 2016, question 3 of Section A talks about how authenticity is not a factor that influences design of solutions, which makes sense. But I can't find the list of factors anywhere online. I just know that its:

- Usability
- Marketability
- Affordability
- Security
- Interoperability

I would like to do more research into what marketability, security and affordability really mean in relevance to design. Can anyone help out?

BlipBlop

• Fresh Poster
Re: A little help on "Factors that influence design of solutions"
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:13 pm »
Hey!!!!!!!!

affordability refers to how easy it is for the user see what they have to do. It sort of relates to usability, but can be differentiated by how obvious it is for the user to do what they need to do. For example, this could be ordering segments of an app menu according to how often a user is likely to use them.
Security specifically refers to the fact that user data and info could be kept safe. This is hard to illustrate with design, but could be shown with a log on prompt or something.
Marketability refers to how easily it can be sold to users. For example if there were emojis and bright colours all over the app, it could increase the marketability to children.

Sorry for the late reply, but i hope this helps!!!!!!

altea

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2020, 11:19:09 am »
Hey!!!!!!!!

affordability refers to how easy it is for the user see what they have to do. It sort of relates to usability, but can be differentiated by how obvious it is for the user to do what they need to do. For example, this could be ordering segments of an app menu according to how often a user is likely to use them.
Security specifically refers to the fact that user data and info could be kept safe. This is hard to illustrate with design, but could be shown with a log on prompt or something.
Marketability refers to how easily it can be sold to users. For example if there were emojis and bright colours all over the app, it could increase the marketability to children.

Sorry for the late reply, but i hope this helps!!!!!!

Hi BlipBlop, I am doing Softdev and neither my course nor my textbook make any mention of these factors. My course (I'm doing it via distance ed) is shit anyway and is barely relevant to the VCE curriculum; much of it is simply copied and pasted from W3Schools, so I've been relying on my textbook.

So are the factors listed by davit_with_a_t something we have to memorise? Thanks.

BlipBlop

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2020, 12:47:35 pm »
Hey Altea,

the study design specifically states we need to know •   "factors influencing the design of solutions, including affordance, interoperability, marketability, security and usability". I'm not sure what textbook you're using, but we're using the NelsonNet one which mentions them on page 140.

So yeah, the ones he mentioned we should memorise.