Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:48:07 am

Author Topic: Product Design - Design Prompts  (Read 6130 times)  Share 

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Product Design - Design Prompts
« on: October 09, 2020, 06:45:53 pm »
+5
Hey AN!

I'm not too sure how many people will look at this, but I was wondering if anyone would like to help me out with some design prompts? I'm looking for some design ideas to help me prepare for drawing full designs for the end of year PDT exam. Anyone can write a design prompt and it can be completely imaginary!

Your answers need to be in the form of:

Context/Situation:
Person/group wearing the piece:
How many pieces of clothing you would like:
What would you like incorporated into the design:

So for example:

Context/Situation: Looking to make a new piece of clothing specifically for Mods on AN.
Person/group wearing the piece: Student Tutors
How many pieces of clothing you would like: 2 piece. A T-shirt and a hoodie.
What would you like incorporated into the design: The AN logo, the signature blue colour and also the colours associated with different Mods [Green, purple, red/orange, dark blue from the squares near the profile pic].

And that is all you have to do!

I'm really struggling to prepare for this PDT exam and if anyone has the time to make up something, that would be greatly appreciated💙.

Thank you!!

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Product Design - Design Prompts
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 07:02:23 pm »
+5
Oooooo this looks fun - I'll give it a go [but I'm not fully sure if this will be any help!]
Also why can't the art exam include fun drawing like this

Context/Situation: A dress for an outdoor/evening Year 12 Valedictory
Person/group wearing the piece: A Year 12 girl
How many pieces of clothing you would like: One dress, any style
What would you like incorporated into the design: Perhaps a simple floral design with colour suited to an evening.

I'm not sure if this helps - but I hope it does  :D
Always here to help my fello arty buddies out!!

EDIT: Don't even ask how though lol I thought of one as I was falling asleep last night.
Context/Situation: A team of 3 students is representing their school at a physics competition, and needs a set of matching tshirts.
Person/group wearing the piece: VCE students
How many pieces of clothing you would like: 3 Tshirts
What would you like incorporated into the design: The school logo (probs make up a random school lol), a physics symbol and a physics pun on the back. Colour scheme should be limited to 3 colours - red, green and blue.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:22:57 pm by ArtyDreams »

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 09:48:05 pm »
+5
Wowowow this looks fun! I'll try to do one every few days!

Context/Situation: Gryffindor team wants piece of clothing which allows them to ride their brooms best when playing Quidditch without having their derrieres open to everyone watching and easy to move around in (doesn't have to be robes ahaha)
Person/group wearing the piece: Gryffindor team
How many pieces of clothing you would like: 7
What would you like incorporated into the design: needs to have the colour red incorporated somewhere, name of the players on the back, and lion is optional

Hope this actually helps and isn't too much fantasy! All the best <3
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 10:13:44 pm »
+4
Here I come...

Context/Situation: I'm looking for off-court sports clothing that represents a netball team.
Person/group wearing the piece: Female netball team
How many pieces of clothing you would like: 3 pieces of clothing– A pair of tracksuit pants, a hooded sweatshirt, and a jacket.
What would you like incorporated into the design: The colours white and red. The team logo (a heart-shaped netball). Printed names on the back of hoodies and jackets for the captain and coach.

Owlbird83

• BLAA 2020
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +785
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 01:27:17 pm »
+6
That sounds like a fun thing!

Context/Situation: Dresses/outfits representing each planet
Person/group wearing the piece: group of people dressing up as each planet (maybe this is too weird haha)
How many pieces of clothing you would like: 8 (unless pluto is included)
What would you like incorporated into the design: The personality/colour schemes of each planet.
Spoiler
Mercury: glittery or beaded, multicoloured but mainly blue standing out amongst an irregular pattern, strapless but floor length and sleek.
Venus: (slightly metallic) red v-neck simple but elegant, maybe a skirt that's initially tight but then has a wavy flouncy plane of fabric at the bottom.
Earth, little more casual, a pastel blue and green patterned jumpsuit with loose linen and straight legs, but the top has the off the shoulder wavy fabric, and then medium straps also, perhaps simple neat lace at some hems.
Mars: darker wine red 2 set of matching top and pants, like in a sporty way, the pants are a bit high wasted, and the top is a loose fitting cropped long sleeve.
Jupiter: see-through floaty blue fabric on long sleeves that are a bit puffy. Bodice is orange with sweetheart neckline. Empire waist and ombre tulle skirt that begins at orange and becomes blue all the way to dark blue at bottom (maybe this is a little weird haha).
Saturn: earthy browns or cremes simple dress with pencil skirt, maybe a cool headpiece in the same shades like a hat with a very wide brim like in an elegant way tilted to side.
Uranus: that blue colour, with silver embroidery along sleeves and bodice, floor leangth ballgown dress.
Neptune: blue, and green oceany, strapless and short dark blue base with green seethrough layered over the top and coming to knee length and floaty skirt.
I started off confident, and then the later ones are like, what am I even saying haha
Hope it helps!
2018: Biology
2019: Chemistry, Physics, Math Methods, English, Japanese
2020: Bachelor of Psychology (Monash)