Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:53:31 am

Author Topic: HHD advice Unit 3/4 2021  (Read 3939 times)  Share 

simkaur04

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
HHD advice Unit 3/4 2021
« on: January 10, 2021, 07:28:55 pm »
Hey all - does anyone have any advice for HHD 3/4 or just tips and tricks, anything they'd recommend to do really well, and stuff that others might not generally do/focus on? All contribution is appreciated :)

MEH0010

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: HHD advice Unit 3/4 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 09:19:03 pm »
+4
Hey all - does anyone have any advice for HHD 3/4 or just tips and tricks, anything they'd recommend to do really well, and stuff that others might not generally do/focus on? All contribution is appreciated :)

Hey!
I achieved a study score in the mid 40s so these tips may be helpful
*Throughout the whole year, you should be frequently using the study design. Hence, after each topic, you should be examining the study design to see if all content is covered. This is a great way to check if you're on track.
*There are quite a few definitions, especially in unit 3 AOS 1. I never memorised any! I only focused on the keywords, this is because the command term is now "what is meant by....." opposed to the old study design command term "define." However, do what you feel comfortable with, you can memorise all relevant definitions if you want.
*Do practice questions throughout the year. Consistency is key, thus don't just do prac questions nearing the exam. The old study design has some really good questions. I did all the relevant questions from 2006 which was quite helpful.
*Seek guidance and feedback. For every extended response question, I got feedback from my teacher. I recommend for you do the same.
*Be specific in your answer. Using phrases, like "such as......[disease]" can increase the likelihood of obtaining marks.
*Learn the command terms: Analyse, evaluate, discuss, etc.
*Use the resources available. I found the atarnotes lectures really helpful. Also, the health teachers network lecture was helpful at the end of the year too.
*Apply your knowledge. Watch the news or even youtube videos. For example, TED Talks about the SDGs.
*Try to work ahead and stay ahead. Being a chapter ahead can be extremely beneficial as you can solidify your knowledge in class and have extra time for practice SACs. Having around two weeks before the SAC to revise and do practice questions should be enough.
*In reading time, break down the marking criteria. For example: "Identify and describe one action area of the Ottawa Charter for Health Promotion that are reflected in [program]..." (3 marks) Here, you get one mark for identifying, one mark for describing an action area and one mark for providing evidence. Not many students do all three steps!

Hope this helps :)
Good luck  8)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 11:00:49 pm by MEH0010 »