Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:30:38 am

Author Topic: English 3 and 4 Reading Book List  (Read 2868 times)  Share 

dazmacmain

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
English 3 and 4 Reading Book List
« on: January 26, 2021, 06:32:08 pm »
Hi All,

Does everyone doing English 3 and 4 in Victoria read the same books?

What book / books are used on the final exam in 2021?

What is the final exam structure for 2021?

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: English 3 and 4 Reading Book List
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2021, 06:49:57 pm »
+3
Hi!

VCAA has a prescribed text list (with contains many types of texts across many genres, from plays to novels to films to poems...etc). This text list changes every few years.
Schools choose a couple of texts from this list for each type of assessment (i.e. one for text response SAC, one for comparative, etc).
Essentially, not everyone in Victoria reads the same texts, it varies from school to school. However, all these texts come from VCAA's text list.

The exam structure is as follows:
Section A: A Text Response essay responding to one text (studied during the year at school)
Section B: A comparative essay comparing two texts (studied during the year at school)
Section C: A language analysis essay anaylysing language an argument use in an article(s) set by VCAA. This is unseen.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Erik Thomas

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: English 3 and 4 Reading Book List
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 05:47:10 pm »
Hi!

VCAA has a prescribed text list (with contains many types of texts across many genres, from plays to novels to films to poems...etc). This text list changes every few years.
Schools choose a couple of texts from this list for each type of assessment (i.e. one for text response SAC, one for comparative, etc).
Essentially, not everyone in Victoria reads the same texts, it varies from school to school. However, all these texts come from VCAA's text list.

The exam structure is as follows:
Section A: A Text Response essay responding to one text (studied during the year at school)
Section B: A comparative essay comparing two texts (studied during the year at school)
Section C: A language analysis essay anaylysing language an argument use in an article(s) set by VCAA. This is unseen.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

It is very useful for me too, because this year I am taking the final exam. Periodically, I have difficulties in my academic life, which are associated either with difficult preparation for exams or with writing research. At https://edubirdie.com/write-my-assignment I always get quality help in writing academic texts.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 04:10:37 pm by Erik Thomas »