Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:07:51 am

Author Topic: Tips for starting English Language 1/2 next year  (Read 2443 times)  Share 

The Progenitor

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Tips for starting English Language 1/2 next year
« on: July 30, 2021, 08:53:07 am »
Hey all,

I'm going to be taking English Language 1/2 for yr 11 next year, and I just wanted some tips on getting a head-start for the year and accelerating myself in prep for 3/4 in yr 12- what would you guys have done differently if you could re-do 1/2? What is the most challenging part of the subject? What books should I read in the summer holidays to get a head-start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Tips for starting English Language 1/2 next year
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 10:19:00 pm »
For English Language? Reading whole books isn't really the thing with Eng Lan. There is most certainly a large amount of reading but it more involving articles and stuff. If u want to prepare I would really recommend 3 things besides looking through SD, also if ur school tells u to get living the lingo or whatever its called, it may be a tad complex for u but it does have some useful stuff. Remember that whilst some is, not everything from year 11 is relevant for year 12 like the child development stages, I think they r trying to get rid of assessments for that lol:
1) Look at the study design, there is a large glossary of terms. Learn what almost all of them mean, like afew are not super important but that language will make up alot of term one for year 11. There r some quizlets out there from memory but do ur best to go through and understand the terms.
2) Learn how to write an AC. I feel like goign through this with ur teacher and class is better but if ur committed, an AC is a large part of the year 12 exam and next year so learn to do it well. Read past vcaa high scoring responses and papers on here as examples. Seriously there r some great recourses on here.
3) If u don't, maybe download the ABC app or just look at news feed on Chrome or whatever, get into the habit of reading a news article a day or something, u don't have to analyze it, choose topics u enjoy, try to stick near Australia but like not really necessary and try to notice small things involving meta language and lay out.

"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.