Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:56:46 am

Author Topic: JMSS or MHS  (Read 6327 times)

MikeV

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
JMSS or MHS
« on: September 09, 2021, 04:58:15 pm »
Hello,
I am a year 9 currently attending Melbourne High School. Recently, I have just received a place in John Monash next year. Does anyone know the learning environment in John Monash and which school is better?

Cheers

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
Re: JMSS or MHS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 05:14:17 pm »
Hi MikeV

I graduated from Melbourne High last year. I would presume that the JMSS environment is probably a little bit more chill than MHS as sometimes the environment at MHS especially in Year 11 and 12 can get a bit toxic (constantly talking about marks, etc). That being said, I think there was good banter, and made good friends at MHS too.

If you are thinking of doing anything STEM/Health/Med related and thinking of taking VCE Bio or Chem, then I would probs recommend JMSS since the Bio and Chem department at MHS isn't that good. At the end of the day, both are good schools.
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

somebody8442

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
Re: JMSS or MHS
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 07:32:58 pm »
Hey! I'm in Yr 9 too at MHS. I heard that the JMSS environment is more chill than ours in terms of the cohort but the teachers are strict. I obviously haven't been to JMSS, but I think that you should be fine at MHS unless you are going into Medicine. If so, then JMSS is a lightyear ahead.

Since I haven't been to JMSS before, I'm probably not entirely correct, so take this with a grain of salt.  :P