Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:26 pm

Author Topic: 2021 BIOLOGY EXAM  (Read 10670 times)  Share 

2021soontobegraduate

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
2021 BIOLOGY EXAM
« on: October 28, 2021, 10:09:50 pm »
With the biology exam  nearly over…..
I’m sure many of us will have many questions, discussions and more so feel free to discuss them here 😌

AbdullahBakerHamdi

• Adventurer
Re: 2021 BIOLOGY EXAM
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 01:00:33 pm »
what did yous write for 'what types of protein are in yeast and why do their concentrations change when their environment changes?' it was something like that. i had no clue

chhhliii

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2021, 01:18:03 pm »
what did yous write for 'what types of protein are in yeast and why do their concentrations change when their environment changes?' it was something like that. i had no clue
i said enzymes but i think that is too broad :(

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2021, 01:20:00 pm »
I was really struggling with that question as well. I wrote something completely wrong (I think like ethanol? which is definitely not a protein) in the last couple of minutes. I heard people wrote enzymes but I'm pretty sure the question asked for a specific example. I was wondering if cytoskeleton would be correct as a specific protein for yeast? (I didn't write that but still curious)
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

specimen

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2021, 01:22:47 pm »
+2
I wrote enzyme because it asked for a "type" of protein not a specific example. I wrote like enzymes in cellular respiration or something.

SaladPimp

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2021, 01:42:48 pm »
+2
I wrote enzyme because it asked for a "type" of protein not a specific example. I wrote like enzymes in cellular respiration or something.

I wrote the same and believe this is the correct answer.

AbdullahBakerHamdi

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2021, 01:52:47 pm »
What did you guys write for the practical solution of dealing with unwanted GM canola on the roadside?

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2021, 01:57:37 pm »
What did you guys write for the practical solution of dealing with unwanted GM canola on the roadside?

i think i said to use a different insecticide- one that GM canola is not resistant to as it only specified that GM canola was resistant to 'several'
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

marble2

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +14
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2021, 01:59:26 pm »
ps. what did everyone say for the question on the operon? the one where it asks what the two regions at the start and end of the structural genes were??
2020: Philosophy
2021: English | Literature | Biology
2022: Mathematical Methods | Psychology | Chemistry

AbdullahBakerHamdi

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2021, 02:03:39 pm »
ps. what did everyone say for the question on the operon? the one where it asks what the two regions at the start and end of the structural genes were??
I just wrote structural genes?

stickyends

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2021, 02:23:58 pm »

I wrote that region A and C were the exons (coding regions)

chhhliii

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2021, 02:31:32 pm »
I just wrote structural genes?
same i wrote structural genes too

Cate_m

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2021, 02:48:37 pm »
+3
I wrote that the regions A and C were exons cause I think the question stem said that region B was an intron

Lilly girl

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2021, 10:03:13 pm »
+2
OMG GUYS!! What the hell that was SO HARD! I skipped so many questions
Oh god when I flipped through the pages during reading time my heart just sank and I wanted to cry… (upcoming rant)

I’ve done several past VCAA biology exams for practice, and I can certainly say this exam was difficult beyond capability  :'(
I just think it’s so UNFAIR!!
The year 12s of 2021 have had it so much harder than last year’s year 12s - YET they had a significant proportion of their study design cut out!
What did we get? NOTHING!
You would’ve thought the person who wrote the exam would be a bit more understanding and have more sympathy for us, but NO! They just had to add to our never ending nightmare.. just why did they have to make it so difficult when they KNEW how hard this year was (corona and all). The examiners are just pure evil, it’s confirmed and no one can convince me otherwise!
I’m sorry I’m just so frustrated and sad… the whole situation is not fair and honestly I wish we could protest somehow  :-\
The worst part is: I actually tried studying really hard, yet pretty much all the questions on the exam just threw me off, so now I feel my grade (probably an E) doesn’t reflect how much I studied, and also doesn’t align with my biology sac grades (A+, A, B+)…
Okay I’m gonna go cry now..

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 10:56:42 pm »
OMG GUYS!! What the hell that was SO HARD! I skipped so many questions
Oh god when I flipped through the pages during reading time my heart just sank and I wanted to cry… (upcoming rant)

I’ve done several past VCAA biology exams for practice, and I can certainly say this exam was difficult beyond capability  :'(
I just think it’s so UNFAIR!!
The year 12s of 2021 have had it so much harder than last year’s year 12s - YET they had a significant proportion of their study design cut out!
What did we get? NOTHING!
You would’ve thought the person who wrote the exam would be a bit more understanding and have more sympathy for us, but NO! They just had to add to our never ending nightmare.. just why did they have to make it so difficult when they KNEW how hard this year was (corona and all). The examiners are just pure evil, it’s confirmed and no one can convince me otherwise!
I’m sorry I’m just so frustrated and sad… the whole situation is not fair and honestly I wish we could protest somehow  :-\
The worst part is: I actually tried studying really hard, yet pretty much all the questions on the exam just threw me off, so now I feel my grade (probably an E) doesn’t reflect how much I studied, and also doesn’t align with my biology sac grades (A+, A, B+)…
Okay I’m gonna go cry now..
I gotta agree with you, VCAA should have done something for our year.