Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:18 pm

Author Topic: Need your advice on the exam tomorrow  (Read 2246 times)  Share 

jackbourkeee

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Need your advice on the exam tomorrow
« on: November 04, 2021, 04:27:20 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am not a strong accounting student. It is my 5th subject and I've prioritized my top 4 all year.

I've averaged 30% on SACs, only spending an hour or two before the SAC looking at the textbook. I haven't retained much information at all, apart from the foundations. Aiming for 30% on the exam.

This leads me to the questions I have about studying for tomorrow:

- What are the easiest marks to gain?
- Which topic has the highest mark allocation?
- What topics will not take a long time to conceptualise and have a decent amount of marks?
- Any predictions on the questions?

Thanks for any help!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Need your advice on the exam tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 05:39:27 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am not a strong accounting student. It is my 5th subject and I've prioritized my top 4 all year.

I've averaged 30% on SACs, only spending an hour or two before the SAC looking at the textbook. I haven't retained much information at all, apart from the foundations. Aiming for 30% on the exam.

This leads me to the questions I have about studying for tomorrow:

- What are the easiest marks to gain?
- Which topic has the highest mark allocation?
- What topics will not take a long time to conceptualise and have a decent amount of marks?
- Any predictions on the questions?

Thanks for any help!
I didn't do 3/4 Accounting so don't know much about what comes up on exams but in general for most subjects if you want to find high-yield concepts look at what questions came up on the past recent past exams for accounting. Also have a look at answer sheets for them and have a look at what questions were not done well since VCAA tend to repeat those sorts of things.

Gokart#5

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 07:48:52 pm »
I'm doin the exam tomorrow as well, fingers crossed it goes well!

My advice would be to revise up on basic accounting reports like the balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, as they can get you some good marks, and is not that hard.

Theory questions will be your friend on the exam, try to use your common sense and knowledge of accounting to help you. As long as you write something, you will hopefully get a few marks. Whereas with non-theory questions, if you don't know how to do it you're in a bit of trouble.

Good luck  :)

HEYBESITEEE

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 07:59:01 pm »
the easy marks come from theory questions.