Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:29:10 am

Poll

How was the VCD exam?

Easy
0 (0%)
Medium
6 (85.7%)
Hard
1 (14.3%)
Very Hard
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: How was the VCD exam? Thoughts?  (Read 4223 times)  Share 

s.kearney

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How was the VCD exam? Thoughts?
« on: November 08, 2021, 03:35:30 pm »
+2
How did you all feel about the VCD exam today? Did anyone not finish? What was the hardest part?

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3
Re: How was the VCD exam? Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 04:48:22 pm »
+1
How did you all feel about the VCD exam today? Did anyone not finish? What was the hardest part?

Not great. It was....very meh. I finished, but I made a bunch of stupid mistakes. I definitely messed up the orthogonal and some of my written answers were soooo bland and I felt like there wasn't much depth to them. I was glad the design task was communication design though, but otherwise, I don't have high hopes despite having studied sooooo hard for the exam. I'm quite disappointed. :(

Mind you, it could have been worse. It was mainly the time pressure that got me and it meant that I messed up questions that I could have otherwise done ok in.
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2021 - Visual Communication and Design [43]

2022 - English | Further Maths | Chemistry | Biology

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

theboots

• Adventurer
  • h'lo
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 04:56:19 pm »
+1
I thought it was kind of fun to be honest! I think i stuffed up my orthogonal too though....
The last task about designing the doona and matching pillowcase was actually really good
I did a dumb thing though.... :( I thought I had finished - flicked back through my book just as she said 'pens down' then realised i had two questions unanswered - i had obviously flicked right over the page! It only amounted to 4 marks but still kicking myself :( :(

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2021, 04:56:35 pm »
+1
I managed to finish but not to a very satisfactory degree– I definitely made some mistakes along the way but all in all I'm happy that I managed to answer every question. Time was also a huge issue though, I caught myself spending too much time on the keychain question that I didn't have enough time to flesh out the last design task, I only finished with 30 seconds to go.

I was glad the design task was communication design though
^^ Agreed– I was expecting environmental or industrial and to see communication was a relief.
Definitely could have been worse ! But at least its over  ;D

theboots

• Adventurer
  • h'lo
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 04:59:01 pm »
I was glad the design task was communication design

You mean the couch thingoes?

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 05:03:10 pm »
+2
You mean the couch thingoes?

Yeah, the doona cover and pillow. I found the design task quite fun though and a lot easier than I expected. Definitely was expecting industrial or environmental.  ;D
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚

2023 - Science!!! Interested in pharmacology and immunology (basically, I love all things human biology) ☁️

theboots

• Adventurer
  • h'lo
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 06:13:47 pm »
phew thought you meant those roundy couches that you had to decide which design field it was!! tell me you did industrial.... i couldnt for the life of me think what the third field was no matter how hard i thought - could only think of environmental and industrial so i just put indistrial :-[ really hope its correct

little_creative_journals

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2021, 06:33:40 pm »
+1
phew thought you meant those roundy couches that you had to decide which design field it was!! tell me you did industrial.... i couldnt for the life of me think what the third field was no matter how hard i thought - could only think of environmental and industrial so i just put indistrial :-[ really hope its correct

I did industrial design since the field covers furniture design, ergonomic, products, objects, etc. Environmental design is all about the build environment.
༚✧VCE 2020 - 2022✧༚