Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 07:48:15 am

Author Topic: The Women of Troy - Help  (Read 1051 times)  Share 

strawberries101

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
The Women of Troy - Help
« on: January 06, 2022, 08:01:46 pm »
Hey guys! If anyone is or has studied the women of troy, can you please let me know what this question means as I'm having trouble fully understanding it.

How does Talthybius’ oblivion to his role and responsibility in the trauma of the women create cognitive dissonance for the audience? Consider society’s behaviour during the Peloponnesian War. What is the expected learning for a Classical audience compared to a modern-day audience?

Thank you

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
Re: The Women of Troy - Help
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 08:12:08 pm »
Take my interpretation with a grain of salt, since I'm studying Women of Troy this year, but from what the question says, I take it to mean:

How does Talthybius’ unawareness to the importance of his role and responsibility in the trauma of the women create unease at conflicting information for the audience?

Basically, I think it's asking you to compare how distraught the women are in the play, compared to the calmness of Talthybius.

strawberries101

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: The Women of Troy - Help
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 12:49:20 pm »
Take my interpretation with a grain of salt, since I'm studying Women of Troy this year, but from what the question says, I take it to mean:

How does Talthybius’ unawareness to the importance of his role and responsibility in the trauma of the women create unease at conflicting information for the audience?

Basically, I think it's asking you to compare how distraught the women are in the play, compared to the calmness of Talthybius.
That makes sense. Thank you