Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:35:16 pm

Author Topic: atar notes or cambridge checkpoints better for methods 3/4?  (Read 1944 times)  Share 

bbiancaa

• Adventurer
  • year 11
  • Respect: 0
atar notes or cambridge checkpoints better for methods 3/4?
« on: January 25, 2022, 11:38:29 pm »
hi all, going into year 11 doing methods 3/4 this year, and thinking about getting some study notes to help me throughout the year. wondering which is better out of atar notes or the vce cambridge checkpoints, or if there are any better than those?

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: atar notes or cambridge checkpoints better for methods 3/4?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 02:59:36 pm »
I only used checkpoints, so take this with a grain of salt.

Checkpoints isn’t really notes, it’s basically a book of practice, past exam and original exam-style questions. So if you’re looking for notes, the ATAR notes book might be more suitable. Otherwise, I found checkpoints great as it exposes you to a lot of different question types, which is very helpful for sacs and exams.

Overall, I’d say ATAR notes would probably be better if you’re having trouble understanding the content, and checkpoints might be better if you understand the content but want to practice applying it. I believe there are ATAR notes topic tests as well, but I don’t know what they’re like.  :)
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

bbiancaa

• Adventurer
  • year 11
  • Respect: 0
Re: atar notes or cambridge checkpoints better for methods 3/4?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 09:34:23 pm »
+1
I only used checkpoints, so take this with a grain of salt.

Checkpoints isn’t really notes, it’s basically a book of practice, past exam and original exam-style questions. So if you’re looking for notes, the ATAR notes book might be more suitable. Otherwise, I found checkpoints great as it exposes you to a lot of different question types, which is very helpful for sacs and exams.

Overall, I’d say ATAR notes would probably be better if you’re having trouble understanding the content, and checkpoints might be better if you understand the content but want to practice applying it. I believe there are ATAR notes topic tests as well, but I don’t know what they’re like.  :)

thankyou!!