Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:16:43 pm

Author Topic: Trp Operon: Gene regulation via attenuation (3/4)  (Read 2889 times)  Share 

sam777

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Trp Operon: Gene regulation via attenuation (3/4)
« on: February 08, 2022, 07:55:39 pm »
Does anyone know if we will need to know the process of attenuation as a form of regulating the trp operon? It does not appear in most textbooks (including Heinemann) however it is covered in detail in Edrolo. And according to my teacher, although it is not mentioned explicitly in the study design or covered in many textbooks (due to some confusion), it will be a require area of knowledge. So has anyone been taught it in their classes?

lemontree5789

• Fresh Poster
Re: Trp Operon: Gene regulation via attenuation (3/4)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 10:07:06 pm »
Does anyone know if we will need to know the process of attenuation as a form of regulating the trp operon? It does not appear in most textbooks (including Heinemann) however it is covered in detail in Edrolo. And according to my teacher, although it is not mentioned explicitly in the study design or covered in many textbooks (due to some confusion), it will be a require area of knowledge. So has anyone been taught it in their classes?
hi sam!
my school covered it in a bit of detail but said we wont have to know the specifics since it isnt mentioned in the study design
the main importance was the comparison to the regulator protein when repressing an operon and the idea that the attnuator would not allow for the transcription of trpE->A enzyme genes
reference the question on the VCAA sample exam for an example, its what we referenced in class
best of luck!

lemontree5789

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 10:09:41 pm »
hi sam!
my school covered it in a bit of detail but said we wont have to know the specifics since it isnt mentioned in the study design
the main importance was the comparison to the regulator protein when repressing an operon and the idea that the attnuator would not allow for the transcription of trpE->A enzyme genes
reference the question on the VCAA sample exam for an example, its what we referenced in class
best of luck!
my bad the repressor protein(specifically an active repressor), not a regulator protein

sam777

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 09:25:09 pm »
hi sam!
best of luck!

Ah okay, thx lemontree!