Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:18:08 pm

Author Topic: ONLY THE ANIMALS CREATIVE WRITING  (Read 2385 times)  Share 

Kim Krystal

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ONLY THE ANIMALS CREATIVE WRITING
« on: February 21, 2022, 11:31:29 am »
Hi, we currently are reading ONLY THE ANIMALS for English, and now we have to write a creative piece on any of the animals. I am having writer's block and have no idea where to start, which animal to choose, which form etc... I have tried mind mapping, researching and everything but am still stuck :( if you have any ideas or maybe have done this task before and would like to share your work please do so. Thank you so much  :)

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
Re: ONLY THE ANIMALS CREATIVE WRITING
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 07:13:46 pm »
Hi, we currently are reading ONLY THE ANIMALS for English, and now we have to write a creative piece on any of the animals. I am having writer's block and have no idea where to start, which animal to choose, which form etc... I have tried mind mapping, researching and everything but am still stuck :( if you have any ideas or maybe have done this task before and would like to share your work please do so. Thank you so much  :)
Hello,

We did that task too (this book is pretty uncommon, same school...?). My task was slightly different because we got to choose any animal but you could probably just do the dog.

For my piece, I wrote from the perspective of a carrier pigeon in world war I. I talked about the relationships with humans using lines like "he was the only human I could look towards in this world of misery".

A theme central to Only the Animals is animals being the victim of human conflict, like war, so I used WW1 as a launch pad to depict the main character as naive and trusting of humans, only to be killed by them at the end of the story such as saying "I looked at the man warmly as our eyes met... he did not return the same" before being killed by an enemy soldier.

I'm not going to give too much away (I scored pretty highly on that), but this should give you some ideas.

Hope this helps.

Kim Krystal

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: ONLY THE ANIMALS CREATIVE WRITING
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2022, 01:58:10 pm »
Hello thank you for replying, I finished my draft for the sac on the soul of dog. Also I go to a selective school, is that where you go to as well?