Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 09:22:35 am

Author Topic: Using stuff from practice creative response SAC in real sac?  (Read 1790 times)  Share 

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
Using stuff from practice creative response SAC in real sac?
« on: February 22, 2022, 11:16:40 am »
So a few days ago my class did a practice sac for the upcoming creative response sac.  The teacher said that it was good, and offered some minor improvements.

For the real sac, I have some questions:

1) Am I allowed to use parts of or ideas or certain phrases from my practice sac in the real sac? My plan is to have the same story concept, just a few tweaks. I won't reuse the whole thing word-for-word, though. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, it's my writing.

2) Is it cheating / against the rules to memorize entire stories / essays for sacs?

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Using stuff from practice creative response SAC in real sac?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:17:10 pm »
I have a friend going through a problem with a teacher where she says that he can't, but all the other english teachers are saying yes, so I guess you should be allowed to?
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 02:30:53 pm »
I didn’t do English, but different teachers and schools often seem to have different ideas about things like this. The best way to know for sure if it’s ok would be to ask your teacher.
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

lemurbruv

• Trailblazer
  • hi guys i like school :) (well i'm trying)
  • Respect: +34
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2022, 05:32:16 pm »
So a few days ago my class did a practice sac for the upcoming creative response sac.  The teacher said that it was good, and offered some minor improvements.

For the real sac, I have some questions:

1) Am I allowed to use parts of or ideas or certain phrases from my practice sac in the real sac? My plan is to have the same story concept, just a few tweaks. I won't reuse the whole thing word-for-word, though. I don't see why I shouldn't be able to, it's my writing.

2) Is it cheating / against the rules to memorize entire stories / essays for sacs?

It really depends on your school and the type of assessment they set for the creative, but I think memorising something pre-prepared is valid for this SAC. (lol that's exactly what I did, memorised it word for word and did pretty well so my guess is you'll be fine).

If you think they'd check your prac SAC then perhaps I'd ask, just to be safe, but my guess is that you should be fine?

class of 2022!
my year 12 VCE journal :)
2021: music
2022: english, methods, spesh, chem, french

cathlizross

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2022, 11:56:04 am »
+1
I absolutely intend to memorise mine and write it word for word. I've sent my practise to the teacher too, and have worked really hard on the comments for improvement so it won't be exactly the same essay you have shown. But, yes just ask! I asked mine and she said it was fine.