Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 16, 2024, 07:53:07 pm

Author Topic: Thinking about self studying spesh  (Read 1452 times)  Share 

Das schreibt man

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Thinking about self studying spesh
« on: May 25, 2022, 08:24:26 pm »
I’m a year 8 student that is thinking about self studying spesh 1/2 as well with methods 1/2 next year. I already know how to do rates of change, trigonometry application, logarithms and polynomials. Any tips on studying self studying spesh and is it a good idea to do that?

^^^111^^^

• MOTM: JULY 2019
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +26
Re: Thinking about self studying spesh
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 09:25:19 pm »
+2
I’m a year 8 student that is thinking about self studying spesh 1/2 as well with methods 1/2 next year. I already know how to do rates of change, trigonometry application, logarithms and polynomials. Any tips on studying self studying spesh and is it a good idea to do that?

It usually depends on the person tbh. Some people find it easy to go ahead and learn by themselves since they go at their own pace and have the liberty of being flexible. But I know many of my friends, who just can't do math without being taught by a teacher.

If you're the kind of person who has done self-studying before and has the motivation for it, I don't think it should be an issue, as long as you prioritize school exams of course  ;)

For studying ahead for methods and spesh I usually find Khan Academy and youtube good for learning the concepts, but make sure to practice by checking over answers and ensuring you follow mistakes, especially for math. Good luck!

RaspberryTau

• Trailblazer
  • "I'm just trying to get myself some gravity";
  • Respect: +6
Re: Thinking about self studying spesh
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 08:13:45 pm »
+2
Go for it!

Even if you find it's too difficult... simply exposure to advanced concepts helps tonnes!

It would open you up to accelerating these subjects as well, which can be **very** beneficial in future....  I'm only doing 4 subjects this year (y12) and still the workload feels tough. (Spec is a big contributor) If you were to knock it over early, that could set you up to really work on the subjects you may struggle with. (For me, English)

Still, as the person above said - you don't want to spend too little time on other subjects. Same goes for social life/sports/etc...

Anyway, good luck!

Hope this helps.
 :)
VCE 2021: Methods (42 raw), Biology (46 raw); 2022: Chemistry, English, Spec, Physics