Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 01:00:55 am

Author Topic: Whats it like??  (Read 4996 times)  Share 

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +1
Whats it like??
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »
I know that not many people out there that do this subject but i've kind of always wondered what it would be like? sounds kind of interesting??

I just found out the class might be running next year and we have a REALLY good aus. history teacher at our school soo yeah??

with all the essays etc., i know they are slightly diff. to english but in year 11 i have straight a+'s in eng so are the sacs THAT much harder to ace?

Is it easier to relate to because it is aus?
plenty of resources?

I hear it is hard to get into but once you do its awesome??

How hard is it to get over 40?

Thanks to anyone out there that actually knows lol :D

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
Re: Whats it like??
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 07:45:25 pm »
Shameful Bump  :-\

Hielly

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:31:48 pm »
+1
Hey,
i study history this year (year 11), but not Australian history. And i can confidently say that doing well in English helps tremendously in history. The top students in English that also study history, get really really good scores in History ( especially for writing tasks). So if your good at English, it will definitely help.

Also it determines on a number of factors. history has alot of content involved and without interest, then i don't think anyone will do really good in it, unless you are extremely talented in this subject.

For me personally i absolutely enjoy history! And English has helped me alot with doing well in this subject. I'm studying Russian and the Chinese revolution next year.

Check out the study design, and see if that interest you or borrow the textbook your going to study for Australian history and read through it.

i.am.amanda

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 03:45:50 pm »
+1
I'm pretty biased because I absolutely love Australian History. I did the 3/4 subject in Yr 11 and this year did an Australian History/Politics enhancement subject.

Basically if you are interested in it, it will be an easier and more enjoyable subject to study. It really isn't a very challenging course (compared to Revolutions!). Depending on what you study and your background, it is pretty relatable and very easy to find wider resources - and, in my opinion, knowing more about the country you live in is always a plus. Now everything I see in the news or issues facing Australia is filtered through my knowledge.

It shouldn't be too hard to get over 40. AustHist was my first history subject, I managed an average 45 for SAC marks, but bombed on the exam because I was told to study the wrong thing, so got just under a 40. Ugh.

The fact that you are a good English student will help in history, for sure.

Downsides of AustHist are that many students find it a boring, mundane subject. Personally I think it all depends on your teacher, and your own interest in the subject...so, it's all up to you!

Hope I helped =)

VeryCrazyEdu.

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 05:16:41 pm »
hey thanks for that :)

but apparently not the class numbers are so low it might not run :|

do u think it would be possible to do it through distance ed or wayy to much work??

i.am.amanda

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 09:22:44 pm »
I've never experienced distance ed so really wouldn't have a clue, sorry!