Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:05:23 pm

Author Topic: A website I recommend to all LOTE learners  (Read 1492 times)  Share 

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
A website I recommend to all LOTE learners
« on: December 24, 2009, 10:37:49 am »
http://www.lang-8.com

This is one of the most useful sites I have found (recommended to me by damattore of this site) for LOTE study, and I recommend it to LOTE learners of any language!

Essentially you can write "journals" in a LOTE (but in reality you can just put practice essays), and native speakers of that language, living in the respective country will correct it for you. In return you can correct the English journals or those learning English (but it's not compulsory). You can write anything you want, and natives will point out your mistakes, usually multiple natives.

For Japanese and Chinese, this site is very active (correction within the hour) but it is also gaining traction with European languages

The cool thing is you don't only get the corrections, but you get to interact with natives when they comment on your posts~ So it's pretty awesome.

xXNovaxX

Re: A website I recommend to all LOTE learners
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:55 am »
I've been to that site and signed up, it's really good!

Yes, there is a very strong focus, like 70% on Japanese, Chinese, English, but more languages are popping up.

I haven't as yet got people to correct anything of mine, but I've corrected some people trying to learn English, and the results are quiet amusing ><