Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 09:25:01 pm

Author Topic: UMEP Physics pre-req - oh noes  (Read 1201 times)  Share 

schnappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +7
UMEP Physics pre-req - oh noes
« on: November 09, 2010, 09:19:23 pm »
Hey all,
Physics has a pre-req study score of 40 for MM and Physics. Physics should be ok, but certainly is not for methods.

As I've asked before, it shouldn't be a big issue. Does anyone know what i should do? I had to consult a teacher to drop a VCE subject in favour of this (It's partially a get-out-of-Bio/Bus Man pass), so I don't want to rock up next year and say 'yeah no I didn't get in. sorry about that' - for several reasons.

Should I contact the/a UMEP person? Head of physics as per the 'contact so and so about this course'?

Hmmm?

Thanks

appianway

Re: UMEP Physics pre-req - oh noes
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 03:07:42 pm »
Don't stress about it! NONE of us had above 40 in both methods and physics this year. All you need to do is do an extra test, which is apparently very easy. I'm sure that Dr Boydell would be super nice if you contacted him, but honestly, don't worry about the prereq.

schnappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 08:24:20 pm »
I'm not worried at all, I've heard the same from /0 earlier. Is it up to the school centre (Read; Dr Boydell) or the University on who is accepted? I figured the university so I was going to follow the prompts in contacting the head of the faculty... which seams overkill.

Jdog

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:33:48 pm »
approach dr. boydell,

best teacher ever.