Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:55:15 pm

Author Topic: MUEP Accounting  (Read 1501 times)  Share 

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
MUEP Accounting
« on: November 20, 2010, 09:27:09 pm »
This is probably a long shot...

But has anyone here on VN done MUEP Accounting before?

If so, how much of there is a gap/difference between MUEP Accounting and Accounting 3/4 as a VCE subject - in terms of concepts and fundamentals (i.e. Cash Flow Statements, Balance Sheets, P/L Statements etc - are those expanded on - applied to "real" world - as opposed to what is taught in VCE Accounting)?

I read information on Monash's website and was intrigued to see what is taught in Uni Accounting.

If anyone could help, that would be appreciated. =)

Furbob

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • diagnosed with poo brain
  • Respect: +184
Re: MUEP Accounting
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 10:59:26 pm »
I know Akirus (2010) and sheepz (2008) did uni Accounting if that helps :o
2011 : English | Accounting | MM CAS | Further | Japanese | MUEP Japanese
2012 : BA(Japanese&Chinese)/BComm @ Monash Clayton

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 11:11:42 pm »
I tried looking for Akirus on the VN Search thing, but "no match could be found" and I doubt sheepz still/would use VN - it says on her profile, she last logged in on September 14, 2010. =\

Thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

I'm still waiting on reply from Monash University about my query.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 08:01:08 pm »
bump.

Anyone got anything/information that could help me? =)

Has anyone here on VN, done MUEP Accounting before?.. preferable someone that I could ask.

lml

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:59:44 am »
Hi. I did enhancement studies for accounting at Monash Uni this year, after completing vce accounting in 2009.

Firstly you should note that a raw score of 42 or higher is required. But don't worry, it's BS people with 38 raw can get in.

What I can say is that vce accounting is VERY BLACK AND WHITE in comparison to 1st year uni accounting. As you have completed vce accounting this year, the first few weeks of uni accounting will be a breeze. Uni accounting surprisingly does not focus heavily on the accounting principles, qualitative characteristics. All the different reports are omnipresent in uni accounting, but more will be learnt (Eg Statement of Changes in Equity). Theoretically speaking, it is definitely more ambiguous, you can get full marks for being deemed 'wrong' as long as you can support it. If there is anything I have learned this year it would definitely be that accounting is all about professional judgement.

There are definitely more differences and similarities between Uni accounting and VCE accounting. Seeing I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO, you can contact me via hotmail to ask more questions. =]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:03:42 am by lml »

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 10:22:38 am »
Thanks for the help and advice! =)