Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:22:57 pm

Author Topic: Anki - Memory Cards  (Read 11988 times)  Share 

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
Re: Anki - Memory Cards
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »
I do think its a very well designed piece of software, especially for the price you pay as well.

I downloaded it for free... and it wasn't a torrent. :S

IntoTheNewWorld

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hello World
  • Respect: +20
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 12:04:43 am »
I do think its a very well designed piece of software, especially for the price you pay as well.

I downloaded it for free... and it wasn't a torrent. :S

pretty sure that's what he meant lol - it's pretty damn good for free software.

Tobias Funke

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 01:58:13 am »
Boy, could really do with Anki cards for the vce vocab
sometimes I feel as if I'd be more enriched in life if I bought an RV and started cooking meth

Hutchoo

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Mate.
  • Respect: +218
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 03:22:41 am »
This is going to help me so much with economics.
Saranghae.

Ghost!

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Year 12, What up.
  • Respect: +42
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 02:43:12 pm »
Hmm, think I might use this too actually for Med study. Use to use stuff like 'Quizlet' but this seems more powerful - especially over long periods of time as IntoTheNewWorld pointed out. Memorising hundreds of drug names is tedious work @_@

Yeah, I can only imagine :/

I actually posted Anki in a thread awhile back, i guess you guys are just discovering it.

I didn't actually use it for a language but i did use it for Biology.

It works really well, in my opinion anyway.

You absolutely must stick to it though or the whole theory its based on just falls to pieces.

It's also a bitch to make all the cards at one time, i made all my cards at the end of the year, 20 cards a chapter... 20 something chapters... it got tedious, the act of making the cards that is. I think it would work a lot better if you actually put in things as you learn them every-night or at the end of a week. I also had a lot of duplicate questions and questions that were very similar, try to weed them out, i guess this would happen a lot less if youre doing a language.

One of the problems i had was my deck of cards got so huge it took awhile to review them all and some of you may encounter this; that said they did take this into consideration. I do think its a very well designed piece of software, especially for the price you pay as well.

Just my 2 Cents.

Yeah, I did actually search for some topics on Anki, but because of the letters a-n-k-i it just brought up a stack of results for ranking :/

I think I'll add cards at the end of each week, like you suggested. Thanks :3
2011 - English, English Language, Philosophy, Indonesian SL, Outdoor and Environmental Studies.

“We are all alone, born alone, die alone, we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely -- at least, not all the time -- but essentially, and finally, alone. This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”
― Hunter S. Thompson